• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Ally Custom Rom - Dapper Duck Build

lol.....sorry about that I was typing on my wifes ally....Ya Rom manager talk to Koush you can reach him at @koush on twitter. Also, if you install clockwork recovery, you can format your sd card from rom manager. I have her 8 gig at 512 ext and 256 swap. The apps are installing to the SD card. A couple bugs, I cannot update my wife's Google maps via the market now and if you unmount the card and then remount it, it seems to put the phone in a boot loop. I then had to do a battery pull. Other than that this is great. Now we just need overclocking and froyo and my wife's ally will be on par with my X

Upvote 0
Agreed. When are you planning to release a themed version?

i am currently working on customizing the framework-res, after that i will start on the launcher, to be honest i am pretty new to android brewing but i do intend to put out a great product.

ill tell ya this much, the 2.2 build that i intend to release is going to be called Wiley Wigeon (by the way i do intend to use duck breeds :p)

Upvote 0
great work! just a comical suggestion, but in keeping with the whole duck theme (my wife brought me back to being a kid sitting in front of the tube when she asked me about this) how about a black and purple themed ROM, you could call it the Darkwing Duck Edition

dude your wife rocks!! thats one of the best suggestions i have gotten for a theme.... ill hop on it first thing when i get home from work :)

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion, get launcher pro plus so we can use the widgets, I have a download link for the newest version out. Since you have launcher pro as a system file I can't replace it. I flashed back to my old rom to confirm that the download worked and it does. The widgets are really cool, and would make this theme a lot better. Pm me for the link if you decide to do it.

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion, get launcher pro plus so we can use the widgets, I have a download link for the newest version out. Since you have launcher pro as a system file I can't replace it. I flashed back to my old rom to confirm that the download worked and it does. The widgets are really cool, and would make this theme a lot better. Pm me for the link if you decide to do it.

Hey dude thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like a great idea, if you could send me the link ill check it out. My email is zacwhite01@gmail.com

Also guys its gonna be a few days before I can get another build out. I had my laptop die on me which was my primary production machine. Unfortunately the onboard video chipset burned up.

Upvote 0
When I was talking with him at work about that he did it as kind of his own watermark should anyone try to steal the code.

@zac you really need to get the LP thing worked out possibly talk to Liquid since he has 1 of the best ROMs out for the Droid right now.

ya ill talk too liquid. if you can shoot me an email or a PM @gndmepyon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones