1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root LG Ally MEID is blank

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Legion, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    Hello everyone, happy turkey day! I have an Ally that I picked up online, on the cheap, as the person said they bricked it and couldn't fix it. I figured it would be a simple fix like flashing something or other. The problem i have is this: Even though the phone has a completely clean esn, I cannot activate it becuase in the about phone screen it lists my esn as "00000000000000":eek:! I have not been able to activate this phone at all as a result. I know the real esn, its under the battery, but even when I got to the verizon site and put the esn in and try to activate the phone, it wont activate. I have also tryed the *228 method. I am not looking to change my esn or anything shady like that, I just want to know what I have to do to get my esn to display properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Advertisement

2. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    As I said, I am not trying to change the esn of the phone. I am well aware of the TOS. It sounds like you do not have any knowledge of the issue, so I am confused as to why you would bother to post. All I am asking is if anyone knew if flashing some sort of stock firmware might resolve my problem.

3. KuroTsubasa

KuroTsubasa Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    He's saying it's against the terms of service because the same information used to restore the original esn could be used by someone else to illegally change their's and can therefore not be discussed on this forum. It doesn't matter what the purpose or context is, it's unfortunately still a topic that cannot be discussed here.

4. xtcvapor

xtcvapor Member
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    North Carolina
  5. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    xtcvapor, you are the man. Thank you so much! That's exactly what I was after!

6. xtcvapor

xtcvapor Member
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    North Carolina
    Did it work? Please share your results, as there have probably been a lot of people in your situation.

7. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    Yes! It worked flawlessly! The phone is up and running with working calls/3g! The only confusion I had was it was asking for the esn dec and all the sticker under the battery had was an esn hex. I put the hex in where the dec went and whoever made that program was smart becuase it looks like it reverse-translated it for me. I put in the results in the programs command line and rebooted and everything was working again. :D Again, thank you very much!

8. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Retail Clerk
    United States
    you dont get this kind of commitment at the iphone forums!

Tags: