1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root LG Ally Recently Rooted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by verizonuser13, Aug 2, 2011.

1. verizonuser13

verizonuser13 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I just recently rooted my LG Ally and it is running fine. A few question though. 1 how can I tell what rom I have on it? 2 I have metamorph and busybox both installed. I an worried about installing a theme from this site (Android Ally) and bricking my phone like in the past. I believe I used a theme on my last phone that wasn't supported so it bricked my phone. What themes are definitely going to work when I rooted my phone using Gingerbreak 1.2? I just want to know how I can customize my phone the way I want it to look. Please respond ASAP!!! Thanks! I just need a confirmation on what themes will definitely work no problem. I was planning on using SenseUI

Advertisement

2. cr5315

cr5315 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Narnia
    You probably have stock unless you flashed something.

Most of those themes are really old. I would reccomend getting the Velocity 1.1 rom and using some of the themes it gives you.

Sense UI will not work on non HTC phones as far as I know. Even if someone got it to work on non HTC phones, I'm quite sure that the Ally wouldn't have gotten it. You can use heLauncher from the market to get a sense like launcher though.

3. verizonuser13

verizonuser13 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I'm very new to this so I don't wan to risk destroying my phone altogether. Do you know exactly what themes work on the ally? I mainly rooted my phone so I could customize the coloring, not necessarily for the ROMs to be honest. I don't want to mess my phone up by putting a new ROM on it. I haven;t installed anything besides Metamorph and Busybox. If I don't install any ROMs would I be able to just simply uninstall a theme I apply and then unroot it right there with no problems also if I haven't done anything?

Tags: