1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lg ally rom problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by splfocus, Feb 2, 2011.

1. splfocus

splfocus Lurker

ok so i rooted my phone but not when i go into rom manager it wont download anything and when i try to install from my sd card it reboots in recovery and says it is complete but when i reboot my system it gets about 5 seconds into the verizon screen at boot up the reboots. and thats all it will do. so i have to take the battery out bootin recovery and recover to the stock rooted rom. any ideas? im new to this thing

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jrock204657

jrock204657 Well-Known Member

Are you on 2.1 or 2.2.1? What exactly are you tring to install? BTW Rom Manager is definately NOT recommended. I have had many problems with it along with many other users.

3. grungeisdead

grungeisdead Newbie

Yeah I didn't do the Trident root. I did the SuperOneClick. If you have ROM manager flash the alternate recover (RA something something), hit reboot in to recovery, and see if you can use that menu. That's if you're using 2.2.1

4. splfocus

splfocus Lurker

yea im useing 2.2.1 rooted and i was gonna put volocity 0.3 on it. even when im in recovery manually trying to load it off sd card it wont do it. i used super one click root 1.6.3

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Velocity 0.3 doesnt work for 2.2.1 you probably just bricked your phone. Trident is making a Velocity 0.5

6. splfocus

splfocus Lurker

no i restored in and it works fine. what is a good rom that does work with 2.2.1

7. jrock204657

jrock204657 Well-Known Member

Theres no way that you were at 2.2.1 and then restored a nandroid of velocity .3 and it worked. When restoring a nandroid to a different SW version ie. 2.2.1-2.1 or visa versa, it simply won't work for multiple reasons and may cause permenant damage to your phone. There are three ROM's out for public release at this time for 2.2.1.
    http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/266458-rom-froyo-rom-2-2-1-a.html

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/265664-rom-release-2-2-based-byron-bare.html

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/265235-rom-release-2-2-based-byron-4-0-1-a.html

8. splfocus

splfocus Lurker

well it isnt hurt it works fine but it was trying to install and boot with .3 velocity but once again im new to all this im just glad i got my phone working thank you

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews