1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root lg ally roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blackclouds, Sep 19, 2011.

1. blackclouds

blackclouds Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2010
    videographer/dj
    Rock Island, Illinois
    so i just wanted to post some of my thoughts about the roms for the ally. i have been using this phone as my main smartphone and have two of them both rooted.

i have been using velocity alot. it seems to be my favorite. but i keep running into a market problem, is it just me?

i like the frunisher but i wish i could change little things about it. can't really put my finger on what i don't like. but the market seemed to have no problems at all.

i checked out gretel and saw leaps and bounds of differences [improvements] from the aosp 15 from gnm i had tested out long ago. i think its working great and haven't found any bugs except for that my headphones will not play [the sound redirects to the headset speaker].

everything i have read about the stormdroid rom makes me really want to try it out.

i have a great love for this phone and appreciation for the development community here and i encourage everyone to try and keep this forum going strong. stay positive.

Advertisement

2. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    I think your market issue is corrected by running the velocity script enough times it takes to get it to v39 and then rebooting.

3. blackclouds

blackclouds Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2010
    videographer/dj
    Rock Island, Illinois
    thanks - i figured out the velocity market thing

4. remicks

remicks Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Security Officer
    USA
    And StormDroid gets closer to completion every day :D

5. Idunno

Idunno Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Ice cream depleater, rhyme repeater
    SoCal
    I am personally a Velocity fan, just for overall features / stability / general eliteness... not to say that I don't love Frunisher but I had a few quirky issues with it such as my contacts not displaying/updating correctly and problems with titanium. It is a great ROM that I wish Death2all would consider revisiting but since he is now part of the Velocity team I suppose that's just as good.

I too am excited to see what StormDroid brings and Bionic as well, I also have hopes of Gretel one day being finished but at this point that's just wishful thinking. I'm just amazed that the development community and enthusiasm for this phone has lasted this long, and for that I am grateful.

Keep up the good work everyone!

remicks likes this.
  6. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator Windows/Unix
    Illinois, US
    I'm a development
    whore
    /follower. I go pretty much where ever there is development and I feel I can help. xD

Tags: