• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Dare -> HTC Passion, roll call!

Are you upgrading to a HTC Passion from an LG Dare?

• Total voters
man the dare is a great phone..very very portable and VERY VERY tuff...you should see mine..its beat to DEATH..the only reason i got a replacement is becuase i lost the other one lol. finally after i dropped it off my motorcyle while doing about 20-25 thru town..i got a 'camera start error' ...big whoop..i got my money's worth lol

cant WAIT for the passion though..definatley not gonna be dropping it lol

Upvote 0
I recently upgraded from the Dare to the Droid. Believe me, I don't regret it one bit. As long as there's support for this phone (and boy is there), I plan on sticking w/ it. Dare owners can appreciate phone support as we had very lil.

My g/f still has her Dare and has no idea that she'll be an Android user very soon, so I'm more looking to see if the Passion plans on landing before Christmas. And who knows, if we get enough concrete info to sway me before my 30 days are up, I'll consider it.

Upvote 0
All this Dare to Android talk got me worked up, so I resized an image found on the internet to keep my android fever high:

Img_2828a.jpg

And before you ask:
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/Doit2it/daredroid.jpg

Upvote 0
Reliability wise, I've had zero problems with my Dare or with any of my previous LG phones. My LG VX7000 was very beat up, but still worked perfectly. The same could not be said for my Motorola T720.

Same here for the most part. I've had a few spontaneous reboots, seems like more lately. Also, there's a bug with VCast Song ID, have to reboot to get it to work sometimes. I've heard that was a Dare specific issue. Had a LG VX8300 before the Dare and loved it. Never had a single problem with that phone.

Upvote 0
I am on the same boat as those currently with an LG Dare and waiting for the HTC Passion to switch.

Ive had the Dare since September of 2008 and it has definitely treated me well. I now want a smartphone, specifically Android so that I can sell my Ipod Touch 2g 16gb and my LG Dare to consolidate into one device.

Hopefully the Passion drops before the end of the year and it has a screen size somewhere between 3.5 and 4 inches!

Let the Rumors transform into Facts please...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones