Root LG Droid Ally Dump

Legion

Link Removed

Legion

Updated, sorry everyone dont frequent this forum much.

The main thing we need to get is the native Divx player, aside from that its vanilla android 2.1 with a LG Home launcher and a few widgets. They have a friendstream type program called socialite that definietly works on other devices.

Trident

Android Expert
Works fine on my Droid and Incredible. What device are you using?
No.. the APK that you posted works. The one that I extracted from the dump did not. Did you have to resign the package?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Legion

Oh yeah, I did. I forgot about that. I resigned the entire /app folder on my computer, do you want a copy?

Wow, you can take that certain LG app off the device and itll work with other devices? Can the same be said about HTC apps?

I really dig most all of HTCs apps. Specially Friend Steam.

Really? I thought the LG ally theme was quite ugly. I prefer the stock. Im really glad its just a theme and not a whole UI interface.

Pah! I wish a dev would take an interest in the LG ally and make ROMs for that instead. I long for Sense!

Trident

Android Expert
Really? I thought the LG ally theme was quite ugly. I prefer the stock. Im really glad its just a theme and not a whole UI interface.

Pah! I wish a dev would take an interest in the LG ally and make ROMs for that instead. I long for Sense!
It's just a launcher.. not a theme.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trident

Android Expert
i am new to Android , i bought gw620 , will this dump work in gw620 and how to install it ? pls help.

thanks

Partha

No, do not attempt to install this on your phone. This is for advanced users and developers only.
I am currently working to pull some of the apps from the Ally out of this dump for use on other android devices. When I'm done with that, I'll post the files here for you to try out.

Legion

Ok Thanks, Can u extract Full ROM of Alloy, so can install on GW620 and i think it will upgrade to 2.1 ..

DO NOT FLASH THIS TO YOUR PHONE!!!!!!

That is a good way to brick your device my friend. Sorry, I wont be doing that. This is for development purposes and development purposes ONLY!! Thats not to be rude, thats to stop you from destroying your phone.