1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Esteem 2.3 Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by morgankslade, Sep 20, 2011.

1. morgankslade

morgankslade Android Expert

If LG Esteem stock 2.3 Gingerbread, will it Root like Samsung Admire stock 2.3.4.Gingerbread???

Advertisement

2. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Android Enthusiast

differant phones are set up differantly.. so maybe, maybe not... howver this phone is a clone of the LG Revolution, which has been out for 6+ months.. so rooting it is most likely the same as that phone.. again cant guarantee that, however the screen shots of this phone show gingerbreak running and applying root.. so maybe it is alreadyr ootable.. now just need the other components for it, recovery.. and roms lol

3. JWhipple

JWhipple Android Enthusiast

Gingerbreak didn't work - at least, it didn't work for me.

Anyone else have any other results with it?

4. morgankslade

JWhipple, How do you like your NEW device. How is the battery life so far?

5. JWhipple

Loving it so far - haven't had it off the charger long enough to really gauge yet though. I've got it hooked up at the moment, going to try SuperOneClickRoot to see if that gets us anywhere.

{EDIT} Hmmm... Doesn't appear that my PC, although setup with the Android SDK, is recognizing the ADB interface even though USB debugging is enabled on the phone... So... I'll tinker with it a bit more before declaring it a dead end.

{EDIT} I got ADB working - had to enable "Internet connection" mode - AKA wired tethering. SuperOneClick hangs on the right pane saying Rooting device... - Step #6 ... GRRRR!

6. tripdoc79

may i suggest finding a LG Revolution rooting procedure and tryingt hat, this phone is pretty much a stripped down clone of that phone

7. JWhipple

The Revolution is also a 2.2 Froyo phone - not a 2.3.4 Gingerbread phone. WORLD of difference.

8. tripdoc79

true .. didnt take that into acount.. lol

9. morgankslade

J Whipple..You are working hard to break this as seen by entries here and in another forum. Just wanted to acknowledge and say thankyou.

reddogkgb likes this.
  10. JWhipple

You're welcome, but I by no means am a developer - just trying to do what I can to help out :)

reddogkgb likes this.
  11. papichulo916

papichulo916 Well-Known Member

Gingerbreak didn't work for me either

12. vlad957

vlad957 Guest

I'm getting the lg esteem soon. I was wondering if anyone figured out the root yet? Also if I root and I mess something up is there away to restore?

13. JWhipple

Not yet and nope - just hope that a factory restore fixes it!

14. rahdaman

rahdaman Lurker

First time rooter here... Jus tryn to follow along with what u guys have goin on here. Even though idk alot about what u guys are talking about, i have the esteem and here that rooting your andoid makes it a whole lot better so i thank u guys in advance for the hard work and time ya put in to sharing this stuff and hopefully i can keep up and learn from u guys..

15. BRIAN5337

BRIAN5337 Android Enthusiast

I wonder when the LG Revolution 2 with Gingerbread 2.3 is released on maybe 10/20/11 if it will have the same root procedure. It appears it might have dual core and dual band cdma and gsm. These specs are rumored as of now. I was curious if a dual core is rooted the same way. With it being multi band, will it be able to work on metropcs.

Even though it is considered a world phone.It doesn't use the freq range used for Metropcs.

I guess we wait to see which phone is rooted first to help with the Esteem.

16. drt054

drt054 Lurker

Hello all.. I am a LG Revolution user, we have only been able to root the original firmware. There was an OTA update a few months ago and since then we can't root. So we actually have to downgrade the phone back to original firmware using LGNPST and then root if someone accidentally upgraded their phone. The exploit used for the original firmware was ragaagainstthecage which only works with Android 2.2.1 VS910v4 firmware, not v6. I will continue to watch this forum if you guys get lucky.. Supposedly the LG Revolution 1 will get gingerbread sometime in October.

17. drt054

drt054 Lurker

18. JWhipple

19. thevisitor83

thevisitor83 Well-Known Member

who ever was asking for the system pull of the esteem i got mine today and i pulled all the system folders.hit me up.

20. danh18

danh18 Lurker

Has anyone tried this and gotten it to work??

21. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

Not sure I understand what you mean.

22. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

If you are talking about rooting, there are two stickies at the top of this forum on how to root :D

23. Prime85

Prime85 Android Expert

be more clear as to what you are asking about