1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG Esteem constantly rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PFalcon123, Jul 8, 2013.

1. PFalcon123

PFalcon123 Newbie

I was just recently copying some files from the internal memory to the sd card and it froze, then starting rebooting and hasn't booted up since, what should I do? I need help

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Have you pulled the battery and tried to reboot afterward?

There might be a way to factory reset it from the bootloader, but I'm not really knowledgeable of your device.

Let me see if I can dig something up. :)

EDIT:

If you hold the volume up and volume down buttons, then press and hold the power button all at the same time, it should vibrate. A screen "should" appear asking if you would like to reset, or something along those lines. If you select yes, it will wipe the phone clean and reset everything.

If you have any info in the phone you're trying to save, this will wipe it out. I don't know any thing else to try to get the phone booted at this time. :(

3. PFalcon123

PFalcon123 Newbie

I tried that and it never finishes factory resetting, I tried taking the battery out and rebooting it too.

4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Poop, I thought the factory reset would work. :(

You'll probably have to take it in to a store. I'm sorry I couldn't help you further. :(

5. PFalcon123

PFalcon123 Newbie

Can they do anything for me because it doesn't have service anymore?

6. AwesomePie85

AwesomePie85 Well-Known Member

I don't know if they would honestly. You could take it to them and tell them you were updating the software and after it finished your phone wouldn't turn on. They might take it. But if you phone is recognized by the computer you could try to push a recovery to it, then a ROM.

7. PFalcon123

PFalcon123 Newbie

its not rooted and the computer cant recognize it.

8. PFalcon123

PFalcon123 Newbie

Should I take it to Metro or to a smartphone repair shop?

9. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

before flashing anything did u make a back up can u get to cwm and try to restore from back up to see if help u

10. PFalcon123

PFalcon123 Newbie

its not rooted, and doesn't have any type of recovery

11. PFalcon123

PFalcon123 Newbie

is there anything I can do?

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews