1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

lg esteem root with mac???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prodigy1987, Aug 12, 2012.

1. prodigy1987

prodigy1987 Lurker

im having trouble rooting my lg esteem with my macbook pro...I have downloaded all the right content to root but when i run the run.sh file on terminal it does nothing to my phone, it says ive been rooted but clearly have not! ive also tried searching for this issue on youtube and no one seems to root their phone with mac! would really appreciate it if can get some help......

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. firenemesis7

firenemesis7 Android Enthusiast

- extract zip file = open the zip file that you download into a folder on your Mac

- change to the zip directory = start the Mac application Terminal. (It is in the utilities folder in your applications folder.) This will open a terminal window with a $ prompt. Switch to the Finder and change to the directory where the files you unzipped are located. If you look at the top of the finder window, you will see a blue folder icon with the name of the folder next to it. Switch back to the terminal window and type "cd " (that's the letter c, the letter d, followed by a space - do not hit enter.) Now, drag that folder icon at the top of the finder window I mentioned before to the terminal window and drop it. This will type the actual folder path next to the "cd " that you typed before. Now, activate the terminal window if it is not the active window and hit enter. You have now changed to the zip directory.
    then drag the folder into the terminal window again followed by run.sh should look something like this
    /Users/nick/Downloads/LG_Esteem_Root_v2_Linux_OSX/run.sh
    then press enter and enter again to root

3. firenemesis7

firenemesis7 Android Enthusiast

if you need anymore help let me know. also sorry for the late reply wish i would of saw this post yesterday i remember being in this same boat about 4 months ago and not being able to find any help not many people using macs on this forum lol.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews