• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lg f3 p659

The largest card the phone can take is 32GB, so that's one limit.

The fastest card available now is the SanDisk Extreme. Next fastest is the SanDisk Ultra. After that are the Class 10 cards. (Usng anything slower than that will make a noticable difference in how the phone responds.)

SanDisk/Toshiba (a joint venture) and Samsung are the only manufacturers of the chips that go into the cards, so everyone else just grabs what they can, and you often get a substandard card. SanDisk isn't much more expensive than anyone else, so it pays to buy their cards. (Samsung is usually way overpriced.)

So the decision really boils down to 2 factors (driven by one - budget) - how large and how fast a card do you want? I'd go for a SanDisk 32GB Extreme if I could, or an Ultra if I had to save some money. (Samsung's fastest cards, if you decide to overpay, are class 10.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones