1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

LG F60 Impressions

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by LG Fanatic, Jan 4, 2015.

1. LG Fanatic

LG Fanatic Android Enthusiast
    None

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Northeast USA
    I've had the F60 as my daily driver for almost a week now, so I'd like to give my thoughts on the device so far.

Design, Handling and Build Quality

The first thing that struck me when I first took it home(bought at a Metro PCS store) was just how sleek and refined the design is. The all black styling is very reminiscent of the Nexus 5. LG seems to have the design language of their devices down pat. The device feels very solid and the soft texture of the back cover is a nice touch. It's a fairly compact design and the 4.5inch screen makes one handed pretty easy. No hand gymnastics required.:D

Display and UI

LG has LCD screens down to a science and the F60's IPS panel doesn't disappoint despite it's more modest resolution. At 800x480(a ppi of 207), colors look vivid while still being natural, text look reasonably sharp and viewing angles are excellent(outstanding really). HD movies and vids look pretty good too. The UI has a bit of a flat look to it now with some interesting color choices by LG but, it retains all the functionality and refinement we've come to expect from the Optimus UI. One of the best customized skins of android in my opinion.

Overall Performance & Battery life

I was a bit disappointed that our F60 didn't come with the new Snapdragon 410 processor of the international variant, being powered instead by the Snapdragon 400. That being said, the 400 is an excellent processor and it shines here in the F60. The phone is fast, fluid and very responsive. Apps open and close quickly and web browsing is very smooth. Performance in games is excellent too, Real Racing 3 loads quickly and gameplay is smooth even on the highest graphics setting. I found that with moderate use(one to two hours of texting, calls, web browing, and games) the battery can easily last the whole day.

Call Quality, Network Connectivity and Camera

The call quality is very good, callers came through loud and clear with no complaints from their end. With this being a LTE capable device the data speeds were excellent with downloads often going over 24mbps. The camera is decent, though it seems 5mp shooters on LG devices seems to struggle a bit in the color saturation department. Photos even in good light can be a bit washed out and low light performance is okay. A positive is it can record full HD(1080P) video at 30 frames a second. Even in low light situations, video recording is smooth.

Conclusion

Overall, LG has produced what could be their best budget device yet. The sleek styling, excellent build, nice screen and quad-core processor make for a very attractive package. If you're coming from the L70 or other older devices and are considering an upgrade, the F60 is almost a no brainer especially at its current 50 dollar(when bought at a Metro PCS store) price.

Advertisement

Matthew83 and Windbreakerspeed like this.
  2. LG Fanatic

None

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Northeast USA
    Here are a few benchmark scores.
    Screenshot_2014-12-27-11-26-56.png Screenshot_2014-12-27-11-38-56.png Screenshot_2014-12-27-11-53-02.png Screenshot_2014-12-27-23-59-08.png

Matthew83, Dhlongfellow and Bard like this.
  3. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I dislike that they put virtual buttons on the screen, rather than at the bottom on the bezel where there's more than enough room. They could have very easily done this and it takes up screen real estate.

4. LG Fanatic

None

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Northeast USA
    I prefer hardware virtual buttons too. It's why I've steered away from the Moto G and Sony's devices. I'm surprised at how much I've gotten used to it though, it doesn't bother me all that much anymore.

Matthew83 and Dhlongfellow like this.
  5. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    The main reason I left my LG F6 after only nine months was because I was sick of the hard Home button at the bottom.

6. LG Fanatic

None

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Northeast USA
    How do you find the F60 compared your F6?

7. Dhlongfellow

Dhlongfellow Member
    None

Jul 7, 2014
    Male
    Landscaper
    Pensacola, Florida
    I'm really happy with the f60. I had my f6 for a year and was ready for a small upgrade.

dubdiablo77 likes this.
  8. LG Fanatic

None

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Northeast USA
    Yep. This phone is excellent. LG seems to be on a roll now. If they just weren't so stingy with gaining root access to their devices.

dubdiablo77 likes this.
  9. dubdiablo77

dubdiablo77 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Female
    illadelph, pa
    I grew to love this f60..despite the lockdown on it.. I found a way to do damn near everything I need it to do..so good..just miss the root I had on the f6..but truthfully.. The f6 needed it due to the memory limits..the f60 has that beat out the box tho..not as much as the avant..but I'm a die hard lg fan..so I refused to buy it..great so far..if someone finds a root and recovery it would be perfect

10. LG Fanatic

None

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Northeast USA
    Same here, I love how fluid and intuitive LG's UI is. I feel the same way about Samsung. They make great devices sure but, they've become a little too "me too". Kinda like the apple of android devices.

Matthew83 and dubdiablo77 like this.
  11. RogelioRamos

RogelioRamos Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2014
    Have you guys found a root method for this phone?

12. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

We have a LG F60 root forum here.

Looks like this thread has a root method :)

Matthew83 likes this.