• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G Flex 2 or Xperia Z3 Compact

Xperia Z3 Compact or LG G Flex 2 for next 2 years

• Z3 Compact

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

asim1999

Lurker
Jul 22, 2015
Dear Android Forums,
I have been a fan and lurker for years
However, now i am in a dilemma and need your help.
I can get these two phones for the same price and same plan on contract (and indeed off contract).
I have some questions regarding the G Flex 2:
1) Will it be better than the Z3 Compact in terms of gaming?
2) How bad does the Snapdragon 810 overheat and how hot is the phone with the latest Android 51.1. software?
3) how badly does it thermal throttle?
4) Which phone will last better for the next 2 yeara?

Thanks

I thought I was the only one cross shopping the Xperia z3 Compact and the LG G Flex 2. I went to an att store and put the lg g flex 2 through how I would use it. Played games, recorded in a video in 4k. It got warm, but nothing scorching. The New z3+/z4 uses the 810 (along with the possible new nexus).

The only concerns I have for the Sony Xperia z3 compact is durability and the old processor. There seem to be a large number of cracked Z3c's on ebay. That could be very telling to how the phone fairs with drops. I'm far more likely to drop my phone than water damage (I rarely drop my phone, but it does happen). The snapdragon 801 is still capable today, but I have my concerns how it might be in two years. a 3 year old processor might not be up to snuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones