• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories LG G Stylo - Affinity Case Review

tube517

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
USA
$_57.JPG

I normally buy heavy duty cases for my phones (i.e. Otterbox, Ballistic, etc). My wife and I both have LG G Stylos and she bought a case at a MetroPCS store because she wanted protection immediately It was very slim and a nice looking thin case. I bought a heavy duty one at a mall kiosk because that’s all they had. I wanted to get one as slim as hers but still protective.

Design:

The Affinity case for the LG G Stylo is beautifully constructed and thin. The case is a clear polycarbonate a shock proof TPU. The case is clear on the back with the TPU stripes which protect the back polycarbonate from scratching. The bezel is raised to protect the screen.

The logo is pretty cool on the back.

Grip:

I really like the grip as it is not slippery. The Stylo with no case is slippery. The side grips in your hand and will not slide. This is very important for me if I’m walking with headphones listening to music or holding it while watching my shows, movies, or Youtube videos.

Color:

Clear polycarbonate with black TPU is stylish. I’m always partial to black cases but always wanted a clear one. This fits with my style perfectly.

Protection:

The corners are a little raised to protect the corners of the phone. The TPU stripe on the back protects not only the phone and case but the camera. The cutout for the camera is clean so there is no chance of any obstructions. All ports have clean access.

Removing and putting on case:

Putting it on is fairly easy. Removing it is a little (not much) difficult but that is to be expected. I would prefer it to be snug so it is well protected. I don’t anticipate having to remove this case frequently like I did with other phones.

Cons:

Need more colors

This is the case I got, it is the Zizo Bolt Total Protection Package LG G Stylo case. The case is military grade, it is a two piece cover, has a kickstand, comes with a belt holster, and a tempered glass screen cover. It has screws in the back of the case that act as shock asorbers and to have the device slightly elevated when it is laying flat on it's back. The cover sticks up slightly higher on the edges around the screen so it eliminates the ghost touches you get from your fingers or inside palm berly touching the edge of the screen. The case makes the device very easy to grip. I have been very pleased with the case. I paid $19.95 usd plus shipping and handling for my case. I bought it from myphonecase.com but for some reason I can not find the black and black case like I got to link directly to.

BOLT-lgc40-BlackBK%201.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones