• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg g stylo s770 zv7 boost mobile variant has bugs and so may i ask a few users a couple questions

ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
Fresno,California
Im examining a lg g stylo boost mobile variant and it got bricked during a root attempt good news is i recovered but theres only one problem it did something to the partition,and its not commen;i did follow the instructions step by step,and yes the outcome was successful and it seemed repaired;but when i went to go root it this time i noticed something different...ran command adb push and it did itbusybox and superSU and it accordingly did it,restarted in download mode,but when i ran ports.bat it pulled up 3 COM port the 2 original COMs and a different one labeled Winachsf0 REG_SZ COM3!
I said i thought ok i still get diag on COM4 ill continue the procedure and it reads out the same untill the last command when i type it in and press enter it reads:#hi nice to meet you,im laf!
And then it says:Enter,leave
And the phone is still unrooted,by any chance does someone have any insight on why this is happening id really like to finish the root i started a while back it would really be much appreciated,real opinions not stand up...blu8 and fino,thanks in advanced ill be still working on it but i have a few Android interface Development classes to finish and ill be back tonight or tomorrow or will check in between courses.

You can't root ZV7. It has a new dm-verity ( secured bootloader and kernal protection) in the kernal. Until or unless someone writes a new one we may never get root
Thank you for the reply but I am NOT trying to root it I am trying to repair the internal memory that was altered when I was unbricking it from a root because now the com port read different than it did before when I use the ports.bat

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply but I am NOT trying to root it I am trying to repair the internal memory that was altered when I was unbricking it from a root because now the com port read different than it did before when I use the ports.bat

@ThePhizzle,

I'm guessing that @jmacie replied with that (very helpful) info was because to repair / change anything with your memory/partitions/filesystems would indeed require root (and was the reason why I moved your thread to this area).

Apologies if I/we misunderstood the gist of your post (let us know).

Upvote 0
Someone on XDA is sending theirs to LG. I imagine that's your only choice. The boot is locked to the kernel differently than before

Upvote 0
@ThePhizzle,

I'm guessing that @jmacie replied with that (very helpful) info was because to repair / change anything with your memory/partitions/filesystems would indeed require root (and was the reason why I moved your thread to this area).

Apologies if I/we misunderstood the gist of your post (let us know).
Thanks Gary thanks Gary & JMacie's observation was right on the dot but I have come to terms coping with the fact that LG stylo internal memory won't be the same until someone does find a way to update with ZV 7 bcuz I know anything zv5 and up is manipulable but thanks again for the honest answers and the courtesy in the answers for a while there I thought I was asking something offensive and was running in a slump of faith and thout no one wanted to answer my questions and might as well have been on page 99 thank you kindly and when one way doesn't succeed try another that's what I always say I'm going to run minitool partition wizard on my s_d card and half and halp it but do you think it was wrong to fix something that I had broken even though people told me not to I felt it was my responsibility to Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Gary thanks Gary NJ Macy's observation was right on the dot but I have come to terms coping with the fact that LG stylo internal memory won't be the same until someone does find a way to update with ZV 7 bcuz I know anything zv5 and up is manipulable but thanks again for the honest answers and the courtesy in the answers for a while there I thought I was asking something offensive and was running in a slump of faith and thout no one wanted to answer my questions and might as well have been on page 99 thank you kindly and when one way doesn't succeed try another that's what I always say I'm going to run minitool partition wizard on my s_d card and half and halp it but do you think it was wrong to fix something that I had broken even though people told me not to I felt it was my responsibility to Thanks.
Did you ever get your lg g stylo fixed? I'm currently having the same problem

Upvote 0
I bricked my ls770 twice and sent it to LG post payed by them and they fixed it cheerfully. You can get a tot file and LGup on xda from a couple different people. And if you must, you can buy the tot file too, from a couple different sources. There is an LG stylo section on XDA and you can easily seek out help. Good Luck!
you can try contacting this poster - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66897913&postcount=26

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones