1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lg g stylo s770 zv7 boost mobile variant has bugs and so may i ask a few users a couple questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThePhizzle, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Im examining a lg g stylo boost mobile variant and it got bricked during a root attempt good news is i recovered but theres only one problem it did something to the partition,and its not commen;i did follow the instructions step by step,and yes the outcome was successful and it seemed repaired;but when i went to go root it this time i noticed something different...ran command adb push and it did itbusybox and superSU and it accordingly did it,restarted in download mode,but when i ran ports.bat it pulled up 3 COM port the 2 original COMs and a different one labeled Winachsf0 REG_SZ COM3!
    I said i thought ok i still get diag on COM4 ill continue the procedure and it reads out the same untill the last command when i type it in and press enter it reads:#hi nice to meet you,im laf!
    And then it says:Enter,leave
    And the phone is still unrooted,by any chance does someone have any insight on why this is happening id really like to finish the root i started a while back it would really be much appreciated,real opinions not stand up...blu8 and fino,thanks in advanced ill be still working on it but i have a few Android interface Development classes to finish and ill be back tonight or tomorrow or will check in between courses.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jmacie

jmacie Well-Known Member

You can't root ZV7. It has a new dm-verity ( secured bootloader and kernal protection) in the kernal. Until or unless someone writes a new one we may never get root

3. ThePhizzle

Thank you for the reply but I am NOT trying to root it I am trying to repair the internal memory that was altered when I was unbricking it from a root because now the com port read different than it did before when I use the ports.bat

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

@ThePhizzle,

I'm guessing that @jmacie replied with that (very helpful) info was because to repair / change anything with your memory/partitions/filesystems would indeed require root (and was the reason why I moved your thread to this area).

Apologies if I/we misunderstood the gist of your post (let us know).

ThePhizzle and jmacie like this.
  5. jmacie

jmacie Well-Known Member

Someone on XDA is sending theirs to LG. I imagine that's your only choice. The boot is locked to the kernel differently than before

ThePhizzle and scary alien like this.
  6. ThePhizzle

Thanks Gary thanks Gary & JMacie's observation was right on the dot but I have come to terms coping with the fact that LG stylo internal memory won't be the same until someone does find a way to update with ZV 7 bcuz I know anything zv5 and up is manipulable but thanks again for the honest answers and the courtesy in the answers for a while there I thought I was asking something offensive and was running in a slump of faith and thout no one wanted to answer my questions and might as well have been on page 99 thank you kindly and when one way doesn't succeed try another that's what I always say I'm going to run minitool partition wizard on my s_d card and half and halp it but do you think it was wrong to fix something that I had broken even though people told me not to I felt it was my responsibility to Thanks.

#6 ThePhizzle, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    jmacie and scary alien like this.
  7. Izzxy

Izzxy Android Enthusiast

Did you ever get your lg g stylo fixed? I'm currently having the same problem

8. jaxie25

jaxie25 Lurker

I have the sort of the same issue. Lg stylo ls770 zv7 bricked after rooting. I have yet to find a solution to this problem. So I thought I'd ask if you would share what you used to fix the phone you have.

jmacie likes this.
  9. jmacie

jmacie Well-Known Member

I bricked my ls770 twice and sent it to LG post payed by them and they fixed it cheerfully. You can get a tot file and LGup on xda from a couple different people. And if you must, you can buy the tot file too, from a couple different sources. There is an LG stylo section on XDA and you can easily seek out help. Good Luck!
    you can try contacting this poster - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66897913&postcount=26

#9 jmacie, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    scary alien likes this.
  10. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Have any of you 1gb/8gb victims tryed flashing a global kdz on your phone to see if it works. The spec sheets say they Should jive hardware wise. Any one gotta brick and wanna try it hit me up on private message and i'll share a firmware. Not responsable for bad results. Maybe you'll get lucky.

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews