• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G Vista D631 WIFI and Bluetooth Connection Not Allowed

CFresh

Lurker
Jan 24, 2023
What's Up? have this LG G Vista I found. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, it says "Connection not allowed." And also, my data and text messaging are not working. I've tried adding the APN settings and they will not save. I'd appreciate any help.

Attachments

• tempImageEOyuvL.png
    tempImageEOyuvL.png
    2 MB · Views: 128
What's Up? have this LG G Vista I found. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, it says "Connection not allowed." And also, my data and text messaging are not working. I've tried adding the APN settings and they will not save. I'd appreciate any help.
the phone's imei might be blacklisted. did you just find the phone and insert your sim card in it?

Upvote 0
Phones that are blacklisted are only relative to cellular connectivity. That has nothing to do with WiFi or Bluetooth. But whatever. This is a nine year old phone so it's more likely just unable to connect to most current cellular networks.
https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g_vista-6569.php

This is a very dated phone with both hardware and software limitations that are now an inevitable stumbling block with today's online interactions. Since it sounds like you just obtained it, you should at least do a Factory Reset to wipe off the previous user account data. And that should reset any preset networking settings the original owner might have made.
But I agree with @Dannydet This phone is really out-of-date and you're going to waste a lot of time and effort just to get it partially functional. This model was in the low-end, minimal category even when it was new nine years ago.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones