1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G2 Camera Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by domokeats09, Dec 17, 2013.

1. domokeats09

domokeats09 Lurker

I just bought an LG G2 from Telus a few days ago and I'm extremely pleased with however today I've been having issues with the camera. I first noticed it when I went to open up Snap chat and it gave me an error saying that the camera wouldn't connect and to restart the application. I then decided to investigate by going into the native camera application to see if it would work only to be given this message:
    "Camera Error:
    Cannot connect to camera"

The issue resolved itself, thankfully, about 30 minutes after I found the problem, I however it has since returned and fixed itself 4 times since then today.

Yes, I have tried rebooting, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Snap chat. What do you guys think? Is this something that I might actually be able to solve, or perhaps is it defective Hardware?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jus10

Jus10 Well-Known Member

From personal use for longer than a month I can say I have not had any problems with the camera, but I don't use Snap Chat either... Maybe the problem is the app?

3. domokeats09

domokeats09 Lurker

Thanks for the reply, I tried just flat out uninstalling snap chat but it doesn't seem to have done anything. I think I'll call Telus and see what they say, it must just be a faulty handset

4. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

Time to backup personal info and try a FDR

5. RATMachine

RATMachine Newbie

I actually had the same problem with snapchat along with using the camera for the facial unlock feature. and I believe I made a thread about it somewhere, lol

The snapchat problem corrected itself as you said, however the facial unlock feature doesnt really correct itself and because of that I was forced to use a simple pattern to unlock my phone....so much for impressing my friends with my new phone lol

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews