1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General LG G2 Microphone problem, please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ron_Kay, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Ron_Kay

Ron_Kay Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    Male
    There is probably an answer to this problem somewhere already but I haven't managed to find one that solves it for me so I decided to open a thread here incase someone could help me before I rip my hair off.

The problem is that my voice is completely silent in the opposite end during a phone call but when I turn on speakerphone it works perfectly fine, it also works fine when I use a headset even if it doesn't have an own microphone. So this makes me think it's more of a software than hardware problem as the microphone is obviously working?

One thing that is so weird is that when I plug in a headset without a mic, everything works as it should, then when I pull out the headset it continues to work as it should, not only on speakerphone, even if I end the call and make a new one it still works but after a while the problem is there again.

What I've tried to do to solve the problem:
    Factory reset twice
    Updated to latest OS
    Cleaned the bottom holes

I'm forever grateful to the one who helps me solve this.

Advertisement

2. Boopolo

Boopolo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    I had a similar problem with another phone.
    I dunked it in water and then it was fine.....but that was a waterproof phone so im not very helpful here

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: