1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G2 not working on Metro PCS

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Android Question

I bought an new unlocked AT&T version of the LG G2 so that I could run it on Metro PCS, but I am having one major problem with Metro. The phone is able to do everything fine on the Metro PCS network EXCEPT connect to mobile data. I have no clue what the problem might be. I read some threads on forums and some said to change the APN settings, but when I click on them in the menu nothing shows up at all.

I have gone to Metro PCS twice and they have been zero help at all and keep saying the phone might not be unlocked properly but I doubt it since most of them don't know what they are talking about half the time. I also inserted an AT&T sim card and the phone works perfect, mobile data is on and working great so I am not sure what is preventing the phone from connecting to the mobile network on Metro PCS. Any help will be appreciated please!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

If it accepts MPCS' SIM card, it's properly unlocked. And that should also unlock the APN settings menu. I've heard of people using TMobile SIMs to unlock the menu but, since I've never tried to do what you're doing, I can't give you a "this is what I did and it works" answer.

AT&T locks the APN menu, so that's one problem. You might try the APN Settings app from Play to either change the AT&T settings or add another APN with MPCS' settings and change to that one.