• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G2 Notifications on Main Screen

A

Android Question

I might be missing something. I just purchased the LG G2 phone this weekend and love it. I am coming from an iphone 4 , so I am used to notifications (more specifically text messages) popping up on the black screen when coming through, when the phone is locked. So far there is nothing like that on the LG G2, and I can only know I have a text message when I unlock the screen. Obviously I can know I have a text message if I hear it, but if I have the phone on silent, it would be nice to have it pop up on the screen, without having to double tap to unlock to see what/who it was? Does this exist on this phone, or is it something I just have to get used to with this phone ? Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones