• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G2 Screen Freeze (blank screen) ??

I just wanted to let you know that I managed to install that tot file but the phones still freezing when it's been on for a while :(

Dang. Ok. You probably haven't had time to go through all the root/recovery stuff again. The only thought I have left is to try making some tweaks to Dorimanx using Trickstermod. And hope you find some arrangement of settings that work ideally on your device. You really have taken general software issues out of play with all you've tried. It's just not the cause. I really feel strongly now that we're looking at one of 2 things:

1.) stock kernel isn't optimised for your phone for whatever reason. This means you got a fluke phone or it'd be a global issue.

2.) hardware issue, root cause unknown

You can tinker at your leisure if it's #1. If it's #2, you're basically blindly buying components and hoping something eventually fixes it. I always hate that plan. :(

Upvote 0
Hi, I know it's an old post but I just got the same trouble since 1 week :
- freeze in about 2sec to 1 min maxi
- click power ==> the screen shut down
- click power ==> the screen come back in lock mode
- try to unlock ==> and it freeze while showing the home screen ... or when i'm lucky I can use it 1 or 2 min
It was hard to change any setting on the phone ... 1h to enable debugging :-(

But the good thing is that I think I've found a solution :
For information, I've got a LG G2 D802, 32go
HW version : Rev 1.0
Android version : 5.0.2
Kernel : 3.4.0
software version : V30d-EUR-XX

The configuration working for me is with this changes :
- enable "developer options" (see instruction on internet)
- in "developper options" check the 3 options :
--- Usb debbuging
--- Force GPU rendering
--- Disable HW overlays

To explain how I found the "solution" :
After having tried a factory reset
without a real success.
With USB Debugging i've succeed to have less lag when the phone was plug to my computer... but still it was still freezing some times and all the time, when i unplug it, it freezed again.
I've try reboot factory reset, reboot from adb and other thing without success.
I then try "Disable HW overlays" as it was always freezing when the screen refresh. And with this option the freezes stop happenning. But I had some lines on the screen at each application switch. So I also try "Force GPU rendering" and with it, the switch is ok (without flash lines during the switch).

I think that only "Force GPU rendering" and "Disable HW overlays" should work ... and maybe only "Force GPU rendering" ... but as i need my phone I wont give a try now ... maybe in the next months.

My phone is now working for 1h without a freeze !!!! Youpi !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones