1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

lg g2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    i have been using motorola the last many years. i use it for business. calling, email, txting, calender. very limited videos. i am looking at the droid ultra, however the lg g2 seems to have more battery life , faster processor, larger memory. so whats the adv of the ultra

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Faster processor, more RAM (both meaning that apps will run faster). Battery life? No two people will get the same battery life from the same phone using it the same way. I look at write-ups of battery life the way I look at other sales write-ups. At best, it's a sample of 2 or 3, and statistically that makes nonsense look like brilliance - it's meaningless.

I regularly get 3-4 days between charges on a Note 3 with light to moderate usage. I've heard complaints that the Note 3 battery won't hold up for a whole 8 hour workday. (I'm using the factory battery and the factory charger and cord, nothing special.) Does that mean you'll get 6 hours or 3 days if you buy a Note 3? Now do you see why I consider "battery life" articles jokes?

My choice, when I was recently looking for new phones, was between the G2 and the Note 3. I won't own a phone without a removable battery or an external SD card, but that's me. LG has made some great phones. Rotomola? I still use a working V551 (cameras were just coming into use in cellphones back then) - with the factory original battery, as my backup phone. Still has a SIM card with my current number in it. And my StarTac, even though it's not legal to use any more (and its big advantage - higher power analog - is meaningless today), still turns on and works. I can't say anything bad about the Motorola that built those two phones. Now that they've bought other companies and been bought themselves? We'll see, but I still expect them to make good phones.

But either the LG or the Note 3 would have been about an equal choice for a large screen on a fast phone with lots of storage - if the LG had a removable battery and an external SD card.

scary alien likes this.