1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G2

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Fredccs, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Fredccs

Fredccs Newbie

I just got a LG G2 from a friend that's from ATT, I have the phone unlocked, when I put on the Tmobile Sim Card it recognizes it and you are able to make phone calls the data works etc etc...

But when I put on the MetroPCS sim card it recognizes it but no data works and when you try to make a phone call it just says EMERGENCY CALL ONLY...

does the LG G2 from ATT work on metropcs network ???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Yes, since it works with the T-Mobile SIM. You need to call Metro to get the phones IMEI tired to the SIM card #. I think it's 888 8metro8. Call that number and they can help you. You can't just pop in a SIM and go with Metro, like you can on A T & T or T-Mobile.

3. Fredccs

Fredccs Newbie

Do you know if 4G LTE and MMS will work on the metropcs Network ??

4. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast

we should make this a sticky or something, we've said it so many times, like facts about BYOD etc

alfick3 likes this.
  5. Fredccs

Fredccs Newbie

I NEED HELP !!!

I took the phone to metro they put the sim card and downloaded an update of 57 mb, after he did that now the phone only boots to TWRP, I can not get it to load or start, what can I do to get it to work again, please help...

Im good with Samsung phones with Odin etc etc but I have no idea on how to work with this and fix it....

6. Trevor Philips

Trevor Philips Android Enthusiast

wait... did a metropcs person just pretty much brick your phone?

7. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

That is interesting.. Just factory reset in the recovery if that doesn't work ask someone in the lg forum to loan you a back up

8. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

If you can get into twrp recovery you can load a back up you made before, or if you did not make one then factory reset, or side load a rom and flash it.

Fred where do you live? if you lived in jax area I would help.

9. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

just follow the unbrick guide using lgnpst and the firmware files for your variant