• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G3(16GB) for 320€ or OnePlus One(64GB) for 370€? Help me decide

Which phone should I choose?

• LG G3 (16GB) for 320€

• OnePlus One (64GB) for 370€

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yukicore

May 10, 2015
I wish to find a smartphone with great battery life, most importantly, then comes audio performance (headphones), camera performance and finally overall performance and experience with UI, games and such.

These two are my current contenders, I fail to see any better bang for the buck. All the flagships at 600€+ are quite ridiculous. 2 times the money for 1.2 times the phone

The OnePlus is better value, having much more internal storage, their specs otherwise are similar. On the other hand, unless you're in China, you'll have to buy a OnePlus on-line and with their begging for invitations system. :rolleyes: And any problems with it, you'll have to send it back to Hong Kong for service AFAIK. LG G3 on the other hand, probably buy from your carrier or a local brick'n'mortar store, with all the support and local service that they provide.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
The OnePlus is better value, having much more internal storage, their specs otherwise are similar. On the other hand, unless you're in China, you'll have to buy a OnePlus on-line and with their begging for invitations system. :rolleyes: And any problems with it, you'll have to send it back to Hong Kong for service AFAIK. LG G3 on the other hand, probably buy from your carrier or a local brick'n'mortar store, with all the support and local service that they provide.
I would go for more storage ie 1plus1. More and more we need more storage!
You can expand the storage using an micro SD card on the LG G3. That is no problem, I've heard that G3 lags and stutters, that would be a big drawback for me, what makes me want LG is camera auto focus and audio quality. Rest seems to go to the One

Upvote 0
You can expand the storage using an micro SD card on the LG G3. That is no problem, I've heard that G3 lags and stutters, that would be a big drawback for me, what makes me want LG is camera auto focus and audio quality. Rest seems to go to the One

For media, photos, videos, music, docs, etc. no problem. Apps on the other hand is another matter. If you're an app or gaming junky, you might find that 16GB, minus whatever is free, internal storage may soon be filled. Some games are over 3GB, there's many over 1GB now, and they have to use internal storage. Unless you're prepared to root and use something like App2SD.

Upvote 0
The invite system is finally over btw (I bought mine from Amazon anyway)
Their after sales service worries me though. I wouldn't like for something to go wrong with the phone, put it that way.
Other than that it's an excellent device. Lollipop runs great on it. No stutters/lag. Can't really comment on the audio as I don't use mine for music and can't comment on the g3 as I haven't used one but the build quality and battery life are very good on the OPO and stock cyanogen OS is great (first phone I've ever been happy with stock OS) :thumbsupdroid:
I know a dude on g+ who went from the g3 (bricked) to the OPO and is more than happy with it.
My only regret is not paying the extra £50 for the 64gb model :(

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
The invite system is finally over btw (I bought mine from Amazon anyway)
Their after sales service worries me though. I wouldn't like for something to go wrong with the phone, put it that way.
Other than that it's an excellent device. Lollipop runs great on it. No stutters/lag. Can't really comment on the audio as I don't use mine for music and can't comment on the g3 as I haven't used one but the build quality and battery life are very good on the OPO and stock cyanogen OS is great (first phone I've ever been happy with stock OS) :thumbsupdroid:
I know a dude on g+ who went from the g3 (bricked) to the OPO and is more than happy with it.
My only regret is not paying the extra £50 for the 64gb model :(
Yeah the one plus one is a great smartphone, only question is should I wait for 2nd model

Upvote 0
Yeah good question. Or even wait and see if the One drops in price when the Two is launched.
It's rumoured to be $400 (which will probably convert to around €400 in Europe) and I don't know what size the storage will be in that model
If it really does sell for 400. Not 600+ like all the other flagships now, I really, really should wait. Just hoping that they won't start messing people about, and continue doing the best to bring out all the best features and updates they can give for the price

Upvote 0
Although, problem is that the OnePlus will no longer use Cyanogen mod, but Oxygen OS instead, which looks just like stock android, and I have kind of gotten bored of it. I am using Nexus 4 right now, and it's very bland, I use Nova launcher, because stock didn't have any effects that N5 does, and it looked quite ugly to me.

Upvote 0
Although, problem is that the OnePlus will no longer use Cyanogen mod, but Oxygen OS instead, which looks just like stock android, and I have kind of gotten bored of it. I am using Nexus 4 right now, and it's very bland, I use Nova launcher, because stock didn't have any effects that N5 does, and it looked quite ugly to me.

Not strictly true.. the Oneplus will no longer use the cyanogenmodOS but will run OxygenOS (which is still in its early stages)... however CyanogenMod will still be available for it even if you have to flash it yourself...
(and if you don't like that, there's always a range of other roms you can install, from remixes of cyanogen and OxygenOS to roms based on MIUI, ASOP, Omnirom) There's even people porting over sailfish and ubuntu touch....

I went for the oneplus... and MrsPsionandy went for the LG G3 so we have both of them in the house.

Both are nice devices, and personally I could be happy with either... I really like the extra flexibility of the Oneplus in that there are Loads roms... and you can flash without any warranty issues or locked boot loader faffing around.

My wife on the other hand enjoys they stability of the 100% stock experience, And ironically she got the official lollipop update on her G3 before I did!

(The oneplus screen is nice, but the G3 is jawdroppingly lovely.., and she probably shades it on the camera as well....) oh an it has the fancy window case... as opposed to the standard flipcase I have (although it does turn the display off when its shut down).

Upvote 0
Not strictly true.. the Oneplus will no longer use the cyanogenmodOS but will run OxygenOS (which is still in its early stages)... however CyanogenMod will still be available for it even if you have to flash it yourself...
(and if you don't like that, there's always a range of other roms you can install, from remixes of cyanogen and OxygenOS to roms based on MIUI, ASOP, Omnirom) There's even people porting over sailfish and ubuntu touch....

I went for the oneplus... and MrsPsionandy went for the LG G3 so we have both of them in the house.

Both are nice devices, and personally I could be happy with either... I really like the extra flexibility of the Oneplus in that there are Loads roms... and you can flash without any warranty issues or locked boot loader faffing around.

My wife on the other hand enjoys they stability of the 100% stock experience, And ironically she got the official lollipop update on her G3 before I did!

(The oneplus screen is nice, but the G3 is jawdroppingly lovely.., and she probably shades it on the camera as well....) oh an it has the fancy window case... as opposed to the standard flipcase I have (although it does turn the display off when its shut down).

Yeah, but there's no official support. Which is what made the OnePlus One the device it was. I wouldn't really want to mess with other roms, mainly because I'm afraid of encountering problems. I'm not that heavy of a smartphone user either way. I've had enough issues with my Nexus 4 battery drains and crashes on stock official Android. But I like the freedom to adjust the phone to my liking which isn't possible on iPhones, which is why I don't own one.. that and the heavy price, for the fragile device it is.

Upvote 0
Then it sounds like you've made your decision. .. congrats and enjoy your new shiny thing :)
Not really, kinda now thinking about HTC M8 (yes 8) or oneplus two. Reason being that I see LG3 lag and stutter quite often in the videos, I'm not a fan of that, and I easily notice.

Reason why I ditched m8 earlier was power button placement and camera, and low screed size, but it's actually not that bad. But if there's oneplus two coming out and it keeps the great price and upgrades OxyOS functionality then maybe she's the one.

Sorry, but I can't just deal with it, I want to squeeze every last drop of the money I spend, and also be satisfied for my purchase for at least a year after

Upvote 0
I personally would recommend the Lg G3. I am in love with mine. The battery life is decent, not your two day amazing, but gets me through a 12 hour day in normal usage. The audio sounds great, and the camera is pretty sick too. Storage is plenty for me, but of course, there is the option for micro SD cards for more storage, so no worries there. The UI for me had been great, with quite rare lag, and great features most stock launchers don't offer. But of course, launchers are always an option, and very recommended for more options. I have no issues with my LG G3. The display is great, and at first you might think the battery is bad, like I did, but I installed Juice Defender, free app on Google play, and my battery life was almost doubled. But anyway, to stop rambling, I think the LG G3 is an awesome phone, and recommended from me. Good luck! Hope I helped! ☺

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones