• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Accessories Thread

Is that the 3800mah one? You're getting the same battery time out of that as the stock 3000mah?

no.

they claimed 3500, although I don't believe that.

they are as good as the stock though.

I posted a link to the deal somewhere in this thread.

I haven't got this 3800 yet, as I said.
highly doubt the claim is real. We'll see.

Generally speaking, if one can get something equal to the OEM battery for $6-7 it is great deal IMO.

Upvote 0
no.

they claimed 3500, although I don't believe that.

they are as good as the stock though.

I posted a link to the deal somewhere in this thread.

I haven't got this 3800 yet, as I said.
highly doubt the claim is real. We'll see.

Generally speaking, if one can get something equal to the OEM battery for $6-7 it is great deal IMO.

Gotcha. Fair point on the value though. Sorry I misunderstood your post. Carry on.

Upvote 0
Drex, you DO cost me money, do you know this? :D

Got one. In addition t o 4 other pogoplugs, not mobile though, my poor man server.

----------------------------------------------

In other news:

Chinese batteries and charger that I bought for $17.98 work surprisingly well, the same as OEM battery.

Hahaha... Shoulda pre-warned all those that don't know me well. I'm an accessory fiend... LOL

If you search my history, did it for the Photon, Note 2 and Note 3.

Upvote 0
Just got my wireless charging pad in the mail today. Here are the specs:

Company: VAAS Mobile
Model: Ch001
Input: DC5V---2A
Output: 5v---1000mA

What kind of quality am I looking at here? What kind of charging times should I expect?

Now for my Qi charging sticker to come in! *giddy*

People are reporting real life charging times of 1A Qi charges to be at about 850mAh, so figure about 3.5 hours from empty.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I figure there are plenty of case-hunters trawling these forums. I was one of them until last week, so hopefully this might be helpful to those of you looking to invest in your own.

I bought a Fintie smart/quick window case - in red... which I'm still not completely sure about. Besides my debatable color choice, I'm very happy with it. I'm determined that my G3 doesn't end up shattered to pieces like my Note3 clone, and this case looks to be up to the task!

You can check out my video review/thoughts here: LG G3 Fintie smart circle Case review - YouTube - if you want to buy it yourself you can find the full range of colors at Amazon.com: Fintie LG G3 Smart Circle Case - [Quick Circle Window] Premium PU Leather Ultra Slim [Magnetic closure] Flip Cover for LG G3 (2014) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Cheers!

Hopefully this might be helpful to those of you looking to invest in your own case

Reactions: K4KAI
Upvote 0
Got my qi wireless car charger. I like this one a lot. There is a button in the middle of the holder that, when you mount the phone and push it back onto the holder, the arms lock onto the phone. The vertical adjustment doesn't come out far, but enough to fit the Note 3 perfectly, so likely possible with the g3 without issues. There is a clear sound that signifies the charger getting power, and since there are 3 coils, charger identifies immediately when the phone is locked in. Much better than the other charger I was using.

Sorry about the dark pics. Phone was low on battery and Note 8 doesn't have flash.
20140811_220234.jpg

20140811_220244.jpg

20140811_220252.jpg

20140811_222426.jpg

Upvote 0
Are you able to attach this somehow to the brodit proclip?

I have all proclip (brodit) base mounts. One above the left vent, that the qi holder/charger is connected to, another above the right vent (for my dedicated torque device), and one on the mid center console (for my Note 8 tablet). For the longest time, I thought they were overpriced, until I got my first one. After that, I was somewhat obsessed with them and how solid they are. There isn't a single base mount that I'd purchase over proclip. Their device specific holders, those I think are overpriced, but the car specific base mounts are really awesome and majority of them, very easy to install.

The ball joint holder on the back comes off and has a richter connection, but I didn't end up using the ball joint connector because it was larger than the average garmin ball joint. I was happy to see that the piece comes off and just connects to the richter AMPS mounting plate.

This is what I bought a couple years back, to use with my proclip base:

http://www.amazon.com/iGrip-Herbert...2271&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=AMPS+richter+plate

The 4 prongs fit perfectly into the qi mount, just like the last one I was using. What I love best about this is, it represents a "dock and go" scenario, when getting in the car. While Qi charging isn't as strong as charging directly, it still serves the needs I have. If my battery is extremely low, I just remove the cable from the Qi charger and place it directly into my device.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Forgive me if this has been addressed but is the wireless charging back cover available for the VZW yet? I only find the quick circle case.

Thanks for your help.

There are several ebay threads that have been posted earlier on in the thread. Take a look at the 1st few pages of the thread.

Upvote 0
I picked up a koomus air vent mount for my car, quite happy with it for the price.

My drivers side center console air vent is horizontal slat, slightly slanted console section. I mounted the holder "upside down", so the "top" of the holder, a little knob, rests on the bottom of the vent cutout area. Solid fit, nice viewing angle.

The holder wouldn't work well mounted right side up. Too much weight, even with my fairly stiff air vents.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
There are Qi sticker chips that you can install yourself for almost half the price of a back cover. Also no need to have an extra cover.

PREORDER RD3 SIGN UP: Qi Wireless Charging S… | LG G3 | XDA Forum

What I noticed with the OEM back cover (specifically from Sprint) is that there was a NFC connector on the back cover, just not the qi wireless charging connector, so I'd imagine you'd have to take that off before installing this sticker?

Anyhow, good option for those that didn't already order the OEM back covers that included NFC and Qi, via ebay.

Upvote 0
What I noticed with the OEM back cover (specifically from Sprint) is that there was a NFC connector on the back cover, just not the qi wireless charging connector, so I'd imagine you'd have to take that off before installing this sticker?

Anyhow, good option for those that didn't already order the OEM back covers that included NFC and Qi, via ebay.
Regardless if its Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon or even AT&T, they all have the NFC sticker on the back cover. You will need to remove it before installing the new Qi/NFC sticker chip.

Not removing it will cause it to be too thick and may not work properly (at least for me when I was testing it without having to remove the old NFC sticker). I couldn't get it to charge wireless. It worked perfectly fine when I removed the old NFC sticker.

Yellow paper is the double-sided tape. Middle is the Qi chip. Right is heat dispatching sticker. Installation is also in that order from left to right. Video of how to install is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S41QWS7QSJQ

lgg3_qiblack.jpg

lgg3_qiwhite.jpg

lgg3_qiwireless1.jpg

lgg3_qiwireless2.jpg

Same with vzw, they come with an nfc sticker.

Yes, you peel off the old nfc only sticker, apply the new one in the same area.
Correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones