• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Accessories Thread

Got the Spigen Slim Armor in Cool Mint yesterday, just one day after I got the phone. It's a bit more blue than pictured on eBay. It's also got a bit of a matte finish, which is nice. I'd get a picture, but it's on my phone now. I love it! Really great case from Spigen, as usual! :)
I just ordered the champagne gold one. Droid-life review made it sound pretty good. Although what I really want is the slim guard case by LG. I'm really missing wireless charging.

Reactions: pandacookie
Upvote 0
Success! Got both the LG G3 gold wireless charging cover and the LG wireless charging dock today (Both ebay items were posted, earlier in the thread; Can't remember the part number of ghe charging dock off the top of my head). 100% authentic. The charging dock is tiny, but works perfectly.

Pre-warning for those trying to get the LG dock charger for a different phone... Doesn't work. I don't know why exactly, but it dodn't work with my Note 3.

Upvote 0
Anyone here tried the Supcase Unicorn Beetle yet?
Amazon.com: SUPCASE LG G3 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case (Black/Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
Few people on XDA seem to like it and say it's very slim.

It looks close to ideal, but one UK customer is complaining that it's very difficult to remove and replace, which is a consideration when swapping batteries. I'd be interested to hear what others think of this aspect of the case - and other cases too, come to that.

Upvote 0
I might just be doing that then, unless someone on here wants it.

does anyone still have the white lg g3 back with the qi charging?

I assume the seller has run low and run up the price temporarily
LG G3 D850 D851 D855 VS985 LS990 Back Cover Battery Door Silk White Verizon | eBay

if so, happy to buy
thanks!

Upvote 0
does anyone still have the white lg g3 back with the qi charging?

I assume the seller has run low and run up the price temporarily
LG G3 D850 D851 D855 VS985 LS990 Back Cover Battery Door Silk White Verizon | eBay

if so, happy to buy
thanks!

Sorry, because of their offering the gold, the stock issue gave me a chance to cancel the white back cover order and get a full refund.

I believe KOLIO already sent his back. If you message them, they are pretty good responding.

Upvote 0
Success! Got both the LG G3 gold wireless charging cover and the LG wireless charging dock today (Both ebay items were posted, earlier in the thread; Can't remember the part number of ghe charging dock off the top of my head). 100% authentic. The charging dock is tiny, but works perfectly.

Pre-warning for those trying to get the LG dock charger for a different phone... Doesn't work. I don't know why exactly, but it dodn't work with my Note 3.
haven't got the cover, yes, they do have stock issues.

got the car kit for LG wireless charging. wonder whether I should get the second round LG charger.

Upvote 0
haven't got the cover, yes, they do have stock issues.

got the car kit for LG wireless charging. wonder whether I should get the second round LG charger.

I think daily steals sold out already. But if in stock, I say go for it or you can just buy the oem stand (I think wd-100) that I bought and transfer circle charger to car mount. Stand doesn't come with a micro usb, but works with the OEM charger.

I'm just waiting on the car mount and I will be all set. I just have to buy a proclip base mount for the additional car I just purchased.

Reactions: Maine Coon
Upvote 0
I think daily steals sold out already. But if in stock, I say go for it or you can just buy the oem stand (I think wd-100) that I bought and transfer circle charger to car mount. Stand doesn't come with a micro usb, but works with the OEM charger.

I'm just waiting on the car mount and I will be all set. I just have to buy a proclip base mount for the additional car I just purchased.

yeah, dailysteals are sold out, bought this New LG Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad Pod for Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 NOTE3 | eBay

seems to be even better for home/office use.

Reactions: jetsfan2014
Upvote 0
Anyone here tried the Supcase Unicorn Beetle yet?
Amazon.com: SUPCASE LG G3 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case (Black/Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
Few people on XDA seem to like it and say it's very slim.

I ordered that along with the LG G3 Case, [Black] Verus LG G3 Wallet Case [Crayon Diary] w/ Kickstand - Premium Soft PU Leather Wallet Cover from Amazon and received them before I got my phone. I am using the leather wallet for my day job, as it lets me keep the phone (which screen is covered by the
ZAGGInvisibleSHIELD Glass Screen Protector) along with my credit card and drivers license nice and secure. Eliminates carrying a wallet and can be kept in a suit jacket pocket or pants pocket easily.

For the weekend/nights out I will use the Unicorn Beetle. It's sturdy and slim and with the ZAGG protector you are good to go.

Upvote 0
So I got my case (spigen slim armor) and tech armor ballistic glass today. (amazon delivers on Sundays now, go figure). Anyways the fit of the case is great and doesn't add too much girth. Although I don't think it's going to be quite as protective as my usual seidio case, as the poly carbonate doesn't protect the corners, only the back. It's more of a fancy tpu case in that regard.

The tech armor ballistic glass fits really well, leaves only about 1mm of space on the glass all the way around, and doesn't affect the view of the screen at all. Obviously can't speak to durability yet.

The two go together really well, not bad for $30 total.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones