1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root LG G3 - All Things Root Guide -Updated 4-14-15

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The FAQ, Mar 28, 2014.

1. The FAQ

The FAQ Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 11, 2013
    *** Important Note ***

**Updated 4-14-15**

Since this is a new root guide for your all-things-root sub-forum, we need your help to populate it and keep it organized with the best and most relevant information. Please contact (by PM) your favorite Guide, or drop us a note in the private chat section if you have any good information to contribute, update, or correct in the root guide. Alternatively, hit the !Report button and ask a Mod to bring it to our attention.

Thanks for your help!

-------------------------------------------------------

LG G3: All Things Root Guide

Click the "Show" button below for a root warning / disclaimer:

Quick note / disclaimer: as always, you are ultimately responsible for any root-related activities on your phone.

You should understand not only the benefits of rooting, but also any possible consequences (voided warranty, boot-loops, bricking, etc.) that might occur as a result of your root-related actions.

AndroidForums.com / Phandroid.com, its owner, and staff are not liable for any root actions you might undertake as a result of information used from this site.

Reading, researching, understanding, and carefully following the published steps and instructions can go a long way towards helping to make your rooting efforts a successful one.

When you are installing any ROM, Kernel, Radio, or modification, VERIFY that it is compatible with your specific brand/model(and if applicable) carrier branded version of the device you are flashing. If you are not sure, ask for assistance.

General Information

Guides

**Root Tool Compatibility Matrix** <--Look here first to determine which root tool(s) to use for your G3 variant. Then select your method from the list below. You can also click on the word "yes" in that sheets list and it will give you a link to follow ;)

ROMs
    • None as of yet
    • N/A
    • N/A

Themes

Overclocking / Underclocking / Undervolting
    • overclocking / underclocking
    • undervolting
    • related apps

Kernels
    • None as of yet

Recoveries

Radios / Basebands

Tools & Utilities

Downloads

Advertisement

#1 The FAQ, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    John jones likes this.
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Also opened up this thread for discussion.
    If there is something you see that should be added to this sticky, or perhaps be made a sticky itself, let me or another guide know and we can add it ;)

Moeed Shahid and KOLIO like this.
  4. Darren Rutherford

Darren Rutherford Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 18, 2015
    Hello! I have an LG G3 on Boost Mobile and I was wondering if it's okay to flash ROMs made for the Sprint variant? Thanks in advance

6th_Hokage likes this.
  5. 6th_Hokage

6th_Hokage Android Enthusiast
    None

did you figure this out?

Darren Rutherford likes this.
  6. Darren Rutherford

Darren Rutherford Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 18, 2015
    Unfortunately not. I'd say it should work though. Best of luck if you want to try it :)

7. 6th_Hokage

None

Darren Rutherford likes this.
  8. 6th_Hokage

None

try this as well http://www.fulmics.com/rom-g3/

9. jreink01

jreink01 Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Male
    Saginaw, MI
    I have a couple questions and need some feedback. I have a LS990 from sprint. My old G3
    3 was destroyed and so I am now in the waiting phase to receive my new G3. I rooted and installed TWRP when I first received my G3 (one time) but its been well over a year. When I get my new G3, I would like to install TWRP and have it rooted like my last one. I just want to confirm from what I read in the OP in the link below, one of the methods will root and install bumped twrp at the same time? I'm not sure when I receive my new phone whether it will have lollipop 5.0 or 5.1, does that make a difference? If it does install twrp, will it be the latest version? Thanks again for the feedback, I would like to be ready to get this done when my phone arrives.

This is the link I found, would this method work in rooting and installing twrp?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-twrp-t3048845

Thanks

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: