• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG G3-AutoRec(TWRP on lollipop stock rooted)

bender_007

May 4, 2015
Croatia
Hello.

What it does:
-creates a backup of your bootloader, kernel, laf and recovery partition
-downgrades bootloader to kitkat bootloader so we can use bump(for bump refer to google)
-flashes bumped kernel, bumped TWRP 2.8.6.1(the version will change as soon there are updates)
-it offers also restore (restores the previously backed up partitions)

Instructions:
-Although there is actually 1 (read: ONE) button, people repeatetly asked for how to, ok here it is:
1. install autorec from playstore

2. Start the app, it will ask for root, grant root to the app

3. Wait for it to pop up a messagebox with the information that it's ok to proceed(the app is initially preparing the files)

4. tap on the upper lollipop image (the arrow also points to it)

5. wait until it says that it's done.

6. it's done..

Q/A:
-I'm not on stock rom, do I need/can I run AutoRec ?
* Why ? If you're not on stock you probably have TWRP.

-My device isn't on the supported list(or on playstore), what to do ?
*PM me. I WILL ask you for your assistance and we will create your version together.

-How do I enter TWRP ? When I try the hardware key mode it's on the white screen saying "Factory reset".
* Yes..It's normal. Hold volume down + power. Wait for the LG logo, release the keys literally for an eye blink and hold the 2 keys together again(keep holding). A white reset screen will appear and you have to accept twice. Vol Keys are for navigating and power confirms.

The other method is by using some reboot app like rebooter, quickboot or my reboot widget .
Third method is by enabling usb debugging, downloading ADB, open cmd or console and type: "adb reboot recovery"
Fourth is almost the same: download termina emulator from playstore, open up, type: "su", type: "reboot recovery"

-I can't see my TWRP folder...where is it ?
*Install terminal emulator from playstore and type: "su", then type: "restorecon -FR /data/media/0"
If it shows any error then either you didn't type "su" first or you typed it wrong :)
I will add a button to AutoRec for it so you don't have to type anything.

-I've got a fastboot error, what to do ?
*Either you flashed it on a refurbished device which is inside something different from what the model number reports or...something went wrong. PM me and I will provide an one click fix.

View attachment 86820 View attachment 86821

Downloads:

-D855
-D850
-D858HK
-VS985
-LS990
-F400L
-D852(Bell/Rogers)
-D852G(Videotron)

THX:
cloudyfa
6ril1
jac10000
somboons

Feel free to post questions, suggestions, features or even donate.
If you are satisfied with the app and want to donate a dollar or two for further development, donations are welcome, appreciated but not mandatory.

Paypal: tr3x.jezgra@gmail.com

Thank you. I hope you like this thread and find it useful

Reactions: iowabowtech
Moved into the root forum for the LG G3;)

Quick question, when I go to the PlayStore for the VS985 (Verizon model), it says the app is incompatible with my device.
Capture.PNG

I thought that could be because I am already rooted with bumped TWRP but how would the PlayStore (or google for that matter) know of my devices root status?
I realize that I don't need the app, but curious why it says "incompatible"?

Not a big deal to me personally, but wondering if non-rooted folks would see the same thing?

Edit: just thought of this...perhaps Google knows I am not on Lollipop?
I'm still on stock 4.4.2

Upvote 0
So, I just tried to use autorec D850 on my D850 rooted phone and it wont boot anymore, it could be because it doesn't have battery but it wont charge either. My phone is a D850 from a Puerto Rican phone company called Claro, does that affect anything? btw, it's on stock 5.0 (or 5.0.1, cant remember well)
What happened was...
first, my phone was at 6%, I was checking online on how to install xposed and some other stuff to be able to change the phone's font completely until I remembered that I still didn't have TWRP since CWM isn't available or something so I went to search and found your app and used the D850 at&t one because it was the only one to say D850 and didn't want to use the one that said D855 international because I was scared something would happen. I got the app, followed instructions and when I went to use reboot app and when it went to reboot in recovery, poof, it just turned off and wont turn on. I removed the battery like I usually do when that happens and nothing, it wont even show the charging screen nor the led wont flash. It does however, show the "cannot charge" screen when I try to "charge" it with the battery removed and when I place the battery back, the screen goes black and nothing, I remove the battery while its still connected and the screen comes back but it still does nothing, the computer wont detect it to try to use another fix. please help me as soon as possible, if you need more specs, just reply

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones