1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

LG G3 Car Mount - With USB / AUX Splitter?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattzumdahl, Nov 28, 2014.

1. mattzumdahl

mattzumdahl Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2014
    Male
    Hello,
    Finally getting around to upgrading from an old Motorola Droid 4 (I know...) and think I have decided on the G3.

My one question is this: Are there any official car mounts from LG, or 3rd party mounts, that have the ability to split the charger and auxiliary input? I currently have the official Motorola Droid 4 mount, and it's best feature is the ability to add/remove the phone from the mount without having to plug in any USB or AUX cords. The (single) cord stays in the mount permanently, and also then splits to a cord with a USB (for charging) and a 3.5mm so it is plugged into the car's AUX input as well.

It works great, and would be sorely missed if there was nothing comparable. If nothing for a G3, are there mounts with this feature for the S5 or other phones? It may be enough to sway me in a particular direction away from the G3.

Thanks!
    Matt

Advertisement

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Nope, neither the G3 or S5 support this. The S3 and S4 did, but for reasons unknown Samsung doesn't support that capability any more.

3. madmax988

madmax988 Member
    None

Aug 26, 2012
    I came from a droid 4 too!(although I never had the mount) It sucked giving up the keyboard, but everything else is 1000x better (especially battery life). I got a free car mount when I bought it at costco, but it just holds it and always falls. The g3 is big and the aux input and usb on are on the bottom, so plugging them in while driving with a mount is a bit tricky. I think most companies have given up on those kinds of accessories since few people bought them and they were usually overpriced, you might be able to jury rig something with a usb w/ audio out, but it would definitely be real hit and miss. I've been considering buying one of those cheap bluetooth to aux converters(I've seen them for like $15-40), and switching to using bluetooth in the car. You'd still have to plug in a usb charger, unless you buy a wireless charging pad/mount(not sure if they make mounts) and the stupid qi charging case verizon sells, or buy a 2nd internal battery. Once again though, since the battery is soooo much better, I usually only charge in the car now, if I'm driving more than a few hours (I find charging and playing through aux sometimes causes some weird buzzing in my speakers, but that's probably a problem with my car's system since it happens with all phones/ipods).

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: