1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G3 front camera stuck on small display

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MissB, Oct 12, 2014.

1. MissB

MissB Lurker

Until yesterday I have had no problems with my cameras on my G3, i was messing around with the dual mode on the camera and now my front camera is stuck on a small display with the beauty slider beneath it. I tried to attach a screen shot, however since i've never posted it won't allow me to. I have messed with all the settings, and I can't get it back to a normal display. I've searched the web and can't find anything on this issues.

Keisha likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

heres what her pics look like:

[​IMG]

let me see if i can scare up anyone that might know more than us! :D

edit
    oh,and welcome to android forums! :p

scary alien likes this.
  3. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Hi and Welcome to AF!.

scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

Also,weve tried clearing data ahd cache from the camera app and no change.

5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hello MissB:)

Hmmm, that's odd indeed. :thinking:
    What about when your camera is in the front camera view, hit "settings" (the gear icon) and change the "1M" to "W2M"?
    Since you already cleared data and cache in the camera app, I can assume you are no longer in dual mode, but now default to auto mode?

scotty85 likes this.
  6. Whenever I am confronted with the unexplainable I first try two steps to diagnose the problem ...

Wipe Cache Partition (deleting all temporary data and not touching any data saved or settings made). It can become contaminated over time and cause performance problems and other "strangeness".

Run in Safe Mode (disabling all apps that were added without uninstalling them). If the problem stops it was caused by an app that was added.

... Thom

scotty85 likes this.
  7. scotty85

8. rivera02

rivera02 Android Enthusiast

Isn't that just what happens when the flash is turned on for the ffc? Try turning flash off

Felim_Doyle and Mikestony like this.
  9. madmax988

madmax988 Newbie

Yea, Rivera02 is right.

That's what happens when you turn on the flash on the front camera. It's not a real flash, it uses the brightness of the screen to illuminate your face when taking selfies. Just turn of the flash and you'll see it go back to normal (all pictures taken with flash on will be normal too).

Now does anyone know what the slider actually does? other than slightly brighten/darken pictures on the front camera or something?

Felim_Doyle, scotty85 and Mikestony like this.
  10. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Well there ya go! I just tried that and you are correct rivera! Nice!! :thumbup:
    That will solve her problem!!

I never would have thought that would cause it!
    I learned something new :D

scotty85 likes this.
  11. sherifsoly

sherifsoly Lurker

hello everyone .. don't panic .. this is called front cam with flash .. just turn off flash and u will get the regular position

12. Keisha

Keisha Lurker

Thank you Miss B for asking this question and thank u all for answering it.. I too was stuck and tried everything to undo it...Thanks again

13. Caramiafarrow

Caramiafarrow Lurker

So glad I came across this forum! Been trying to solve this front camera dilemma for several weeks now. Who knew it was such a simple fix! Turning off the flash did the fix! :)

14. OMG, this was literally driving me crazy!!! Thank you so much, for posting the question and also for the answers! :)

15. Tevinvendetta

Tevinvendetta Lurker

16. FURCH

FURCH Lurker

Turn on your camera pointed towards yourself and do you see the little lightning bolt for the flash hit that and your screen should get a bigger screen. I hope this helps :cool:

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews