1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G3 Internet problems

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Android Question

I have recently been experiencing problems with my android G3. I currently work in a lab as an intern and have been experiencing problems with the WiFi and its connections. I can connect to the wifi fine with my computer but when it comes to my phone, I can't connect at all. It used to ask for a username and password along with accepting the terms and conditions because it is one of those free wifi's but it hasn't been asking it. Also, I cannot open my google play app as well. The phone says it is connected (without the exclamation mark appearing next to the signal) but when I open the page it says it cannot load. So far I have tried the whole airplane mode and restarting the phone. I have also tried to remove my google accounts from the settings page and even that doesn't work (I press remove and it doesn't respond to actually removing the account). I can't really restart the routers here because they are centrally located and inside a tech room.
    Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

Sounds like a captive portal problem.
    Take it up with your IT department.

svim, tube517 and psionandy like this.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Look for the wifi SSID (the name of your work network) in Settings/Wifi, long-press it and select "Forget...". Restart the phone and try re-connecting; you should be re-directed to the authentication page to enter username/password.