• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 kind of a dilemma

Zarox

Lurker
Jun 30, 2019
I am having a real problem with my LG G3 at the moment, right now i am unable to enter the download mode and it has a bootloop problem. I can try and enter recovery mode but since there is no recovery mode like twrp for instance, i cant do much there either.

Now the bootloop problem is basically the lg logo showing for about 10 minutes, when you finally see android is starting and setting up apps, it will just turn of and on again, i checked and the battery is fine and so is the power button so its not a hardware problem.

As for what happened, a friend of mine was going to flash a kernel onto it, but flashed the wrong one for i believe a different model, which is the reason these problems started happening.
I have tried fastboot, download mode and recovery mode, but all do not seem to be working.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could fix this? Please let me know.
And i know people might want to know the model but thats kinda hard to figure out when it wont properly boot.

well you would have needed a recovery like twrp. but if you do not have one there is not much you can do. iam i right in that you do not have twrp?

you also mentioned you can get into recovery? so i'm confused? do you or do you not have a recovery?
Well i can get as far as getting to the factory reset, which should lead you to recovery, but it just goes to the lg logo and stays there. Basically twrp WAS in it but after the wrong kernel was flashed it seems like its impossible to get into twrp anymore.

Upvote 0
Well i can get as far as getting to the factory reset, which should lead you to recovery, but it just goes to the lg logo and stays there. Basically twrp WAS in it but after the wrong kernel was flashed it seems like its impossible to get into twrp anymore.
When you say "getting to the factory reset" do you mean the bootloader menu? Just slightly confused because reset is something recovery can do but on devices I know there would be a separate boot into recovery.

However, assuming recovery is toast the obvious thing to do would be to either reflash the recovery using fastboot (assuming that your bootloader is unlocked) and then reflash the ROM, or reflash the whole device with stock firmware (where you'll need someone who knows LG devices to advise on tools and procedure).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones