• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lg G3 Mcafee lock screen

A

Android Question

I bought a lg g3 awhile back off of Craigslist. I switched carriers and did a reset on the phone so I could sell it. Everything went good but once it reset and started back up the mcafee lock screen pops up and I do not know the pass code. I contacted the guy who sold it to me and he said he did a factory reset before he sold it to me and I never did that. Anything I could do

I bought a lg g3 awhile back off of Craigslist. I switched carriers and did a reset on the phone so I could sell it. Everything went good but once it reset and started back up the mcafee lock screen pops up and I do not know the pass code. I contacted the guy who sold it to me and he said he did a factory reset before he sold it to me and I never did that. Anything I could do. I'm beginning to worry it may have been stolen. It is a good phone and I would hate to throw it away.

Upvote 0
You could try this,But its a lot to do.Reflash the stock firmware if you can get into download mode:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2785089
And use the AT&T variant if its an AT&T phone,And be sure to remove the sim/sd card before flashing as it will wipe them clear.Then after your done flashing,Then you can put the sim/sd card back in.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones