1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lg g3 or m8

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Anoush Alexnder, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Anoush Alexnder

Hi,

Guys this is serious question and i am damn confuse about it.
    Please tell me which phone is best to get????
    Honestly i dont want to waste my saving so please suggest me the best?
    I have seen AF rated Htc M8 at 1st on top phones, But I had read so many reviews and comments most are saying G3 is best and less are saying go for M8 it makes me totally confuse.... Tell me which is the phone? Battery rated well to M8 and camera to G3 ahhhhh i will be mad..... Please tell me guysssss i am sick of it....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Go play with both and see which you like best.

If there's some particular feature that's so important to you that that will determine your choice then let us know and we can advise. Otherwise the one you like best is the one you'll be happiest with. Both will do most things that most people want.

Remember that there is no "best" phone. At most there's a "best for you".

lunatic59 and Mikestony like this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I was in the same conundrum as you are, about 3 months ago.
    And here is why I went with the G3..
    Bigger screen, better camera, removeable SD card battery. That's about it for me.:)
    Edit: I meant battery instead of sd card, sorry

But like Hadron said, play with both in the store, consider what YOU want out of a device:)

Am I happy with mine? Oh yeah..easy root (if you plan on that), and fantastic battery life. YMMV though.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

We have a forum just set aside for the discussion of device comparisons. If moved this thread there.

Now to your question ... Get the one that's right for you. Okay, okay, that's a cop out, but it's kind of a bogus question. "Best" is such a relative term that what's best for me won't be for you. And since we don't know who you are, how you use your phone, or what you're preferences are, how can we know what's best for you?

I'm sure you've read the reviews. I did a quick search and it looks like EVERY tech site has a comparison of the M8 and the G3 (and the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5, too). It makes your head spin, and not in a fun way. You can't determine a phone by spec's because every phone is going to exceed some other phone in some way. And, the spec's of the next model flagship device will surely be better than any current models. So, how does anyone decide?

First, let me say that if you are a "second-guesser" or a "bleeding-edger" you will never be happy with your choice. Only a winning lottery ticket or a good therapist can help you with that. ;) But, for the rest of us, it's always a compromise between features, aesthetics and budget.

Budget is easy. If you can't afford it, don't get it. If you can, then let's move on to features.

You have to tell us what features are important to you. Want a good camera? more megapixels isn't definitively better, but it can come in handy. Long battery life? Display Quality? Storage space? Radio Strength? You can't have it all. So, pick your top ten in descending order of importance and it will be easier to help.

Personally, it's the aesthetics that i think are the most important. Go to a store and pick one up. Hold it. Touch it. See if it feels good in your hand and pocket. That's where it's going to be used most of the time. Does it feel cheap? Is it too heavy? Too thick? Too thin? That's where only you can decide, but if you go for a phone with all the features you want but feels awkward or cheap, you are ultimately going to be unhappy.

Now, if you are asking me which one I'd buy? I like the G3 over the M8 or the S5. It feels better.

Hadron and Mikestony like this.
  5. Anoush Alexnder

Thanks means i should go with LG G3 okay thanks to solve my bug