1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G3 reception (radio) verizon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kunzy, Oct 28, 2014.

1. kunzy

kunzy Newbie

I'm on my second Samsung phone 1st the nexus now the note 2 and the 1 thing I haven't been happy with is the signal bat at top seems to constantly drop as soon as I want to use an app that uses data expecially at work (somewhat a confined room with no windows and one door) I would like to try an LG phone but not sure if there radios are any better. Any help thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GS300

GS300 Member

I am not having any trouble in that respect. I am coming from a Motorola Razr Max HD and a Droid X both of which had great radios and find the LG to be as good. You have 14 days to try it out if that counts as anything.

GS

3. rivera02

rivera02 Android Enthusiast

The g3 has been awesome in the reception department it's actually one of my favorite things about this phone. The nexus did have crap radios but the note 2 was really solid for me in that department as well (best radios in a Samsung phone to date imo.) Could be a problem with your note 2..

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

I find the G3 to be better than my HTC DNA but not quite as good as either my wife's Droid Ultra or my daughter's Moto X. Definitely acceptable, though.

5. kunzy

kunzy Newbie

So the Motorola seems to have the best radios I know the turbo is due out soon wonder if it's worth looking into

6. cman1414

cman1414 Member

I have had a s3, razr hd, One M7, s5 and now a lg g3.

The 2 best for cellphone signal were the razr hd and G3

The G3 is actually best overall, whenever it says I have signal, I do. I also get LTE in more places than all the others.

i would say if you want strong signal go with either this or a Motorola. Personally I think the G3 is the best phone verizon offers at the time.

mlg2919 likes this.
  7. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

My G3 is better at just about everything that Samsung attempts. radio reception is far more stable, Wifi is not disconnecting anymore, battery life is better than iPhone, the phone never gets hot, and there is ZERO UI lag.

Samsung makes nice phones but one thing they never could get right is their radios.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews