• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG G3 ROM port for the LG Ultimate 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working to make the kernel for the G3 ROM better.
Kernel.png

Reactions: selw0nk
Upvote 0
Unubuntu swag, nice
Ubuntu is da best! Well I think I may stay away from the new kernel for a bit because I really don't want to brick my phone or anybody elses. After seeing the reaction and the large number of enraged PMs I got, I don't think I should take any risks here.

Reactions: Drewie
Upvote 0
This is the last call for feature requests for the G3 ROM Port. I will not be accepting any requests past Monday June 8th. And yes @UltimateRoxxs @ST Dog and @Varela89 I have confirmed the release date. It's June 12.
Please prioritize testing over the date. ;)

Bugs have a way of being unpredictable - I've been a dev for decades and promise that is so.

Focus on quality, and let people know the date only when done.

Nothing bad has ever happened from taking the time to get every aspect of your release right. ;) :)

Here's an older guideline thread from one one of our past esteemed devs who went on to become a mod as well. It's older as I said but good advice never goes out of style -

http://androidforums.com/threads/boost-mobile-guide-basic-guidelines-for-posting-flashables.610181/

Upvote 0
Please prioritize testing over the date. ;)

Bugs have a way of being unpredictable - I've been a dev for decades and promise that is so.

Focus on quality, and let people know the date only when done.

Nothing bad has ever happened from taking the time to get every aspect of your release right. ;) :)

Here's an older guideline thread from one one of our past esteemed devs who went on to become a mod as well. It's older as I said but good advice never goes out of style -

http://androidforums.com/threads/boost-mobile-guide-basic-guidelines-for-posting-flashables.610181/
I do make sure there are no bugs in the ROM. What I do is I test the ROM 5 days before the release. Then I fix the bugs on day 4. Then I zip and test. Then I sit and wait for 2 days and then press the upload button on media fire. Then I edit the post and add the link and then at 12:00 AM I press save.

Upvote 0
John Oliver's best face lol
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Now lets talk about getting bricked. If you mess with somthing in my ROM and you can get to the home screen you should try a factory reset. If you get bricked and can't boot, ask for a replacement from TracFone. Follow ***"this guide" removed by Mod*** and you will have you replacement in just 8 days! If you don't follow my directions you will get bricked.

The result of your inadequate testing has led to bricks today for another effort.

I've tried to take a gentle hand, but you've been determined to just press on with your way of doing things.

Upon closer inspection, I find that your answer to bricked phones in the first post was advice on how to commit fraud with Tracfone - that will only serve to drive up prices for everyone who are innocent of your approach.

I don't believe that that risk and being without a phone for 8 days is in our members best interests.

I very much doubt that your new rom will be posted on your schedule.

Your posting privileges are now set so that you are free to communicate with us via private messaging.

We'll decide if this thread is opening again in due course.

There's nothing personal in this action - we simply won't tolerate fraud and further bricks due to a testing issue.

Sorry but there it is.

Anyone objecting to this is free to contact me, my door is always open.

/closed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones