1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Lg G3 root gone after reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rex1989, Jun 15, 2016.

1. rex1989

rex1989 Lurker
    None

Jun 15, 2016
    Male
    hi I have a Verizon lg g3 vs985 4g running android 6.0. I rooted my phone useing king root 1 click root but everyone I reboot the phone the root is gone and I have to reroot the phone every time I want to use anything root related. can anyone help me with this issue . ? thanks

Advertisement

2. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Male
    IT Architect/Developer
    With MM and Kingroot, that is what happens. If you reboot your phone, you have to run Kingroot again to root it. It will stay rooted as long as you do not reboot.

And there isn't any other rooting method for the MM version. I myself don't use Kingroot. It's from China and it uses the internet to supposedly download the latest version, but who knows what else it does? In fact, I'm not even rooted. No reason to be rooted for me. I used to root due to Titanium Backup, but the LG G3 comes with a very capable backup utility built into it in the settings section that does the same thing TiBu does as far as saving and restoring app settings.

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: