• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G3 Screen Randomly Turns On

WholeFnShow

Mar 19, 2011
I have had the phone since Monday and am really enjoying it so far. I enabled knock code and was using that method to unlock my screen.

The past couple days, I started to notice that my screen was randomly turning on sometimes when I would just be holding it and my thumb was on the screen (but not tapping or "knocking," my thumb would slide a bit on the screen if anything). I switched over to sliding to unlock and the screen still pops on occasionally.

I realize some people think the knock on is the issue and maybe it is, but I am pretty sure I am not double tapping my phone when this happens. I also am not sure how to even turn that off because I haven't seen the option in the hidden menu when I have accessed it (I am on Verizon).

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I have had the phone since Monday and am really enjoying it so far. I enabled knock code and was using that method to unlock my screen.

The past couple days, I started to notice that my screen was randomly turning on sometimes when I would just be holding it and my thumb was on the screen (but not tapping or "knocking," my thumb would slide a bit on the screen if anything). I switched over to sliding to unlock and the screen still pops on occasionally.

I realize some people think the knock on is the issue and maybe it is, but I am pretty sure I am not double tapping my phone when this happens. I also am not sure how to even turn that off because I haven't seen the option in the hidden menu when I have accessed it (I am on Verizon).

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

at work I put my phone on front and noticed this same issue 2x only since i got this phone, try turning off smart screen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones