• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G3 Sluggish, Hot, & Randomly Rebooting

WholeFnShow

Mar 19, 2011
I feel like I can source all these issues to happening after the lollipop update. I know the wifi sync issues haven't been resolved, but I'm unsure if the phone being sluggish, getting warmer than it should, and rebooting at various times are also a result of the update. The battery drains ridiculously fast and when I say the phone is sluggish, I mean it runs like a really old computer at times and gets hung up or the screen turns black through normal use. None of this is constant, but it's happening enough now to where I decided to post here and see if anyone had any feedback.

I am on Verizon and am not rooted if that helps at all. Thanks in advance for any potential advice.

Lollipop has been the demise of many devices now, not just the G3. Battery drain, heat, etc are reported on many.

In my opinion, Google may have begun to truly show their downward trend in software updates. There's no excuse for LG/Google to not have sent out patches to fix the terrible problems people are having.

Reactions: WholeFnShow
Upvote 0
Lollipop has been the demise of many devices now, not just the G3. Battery drain, heat, etc are reported on many.

In my opinion, Google may have begun to truly show their downward trend in software updates. There's no excuse for LG/Google to not have sent out patches to fix the terrible problems people are having.

I completely agree. The whole situation is pretty ridiculous and if it is true that there won't be a patch for 3 months, then that is even worse and asking way too much of your paying customers.

Upvote 0
I too am having these problems.
Phone locks up, gets very hot and battery will only last 4-6 hours unless it is on battery saving.

I am currently on my 4th replacement, just waiting for them to decide if they are willing to switch me to a different handset altogether.

It's a shame because I love the phone.
The camera is really good and I especially like the screen quality and size but it can get virtually unusable some days.

Upvote 0
I was told a couple of weeks ago, by an enterprise tech at verizon, the fix for the WiFi issue would be a small update, and would not be out until fall. Reportedly, LG for the last few months said they were unable to duplicate the issue. (Because they probably had working IPV6 in house) So, they are just now starting to work on the update. And you know when Verizon gets it, they will sit on it for a couple of more months. Testing? Just like the heavy testing they did with the current disaster of an update. We were one of the last to get the update, and to be the worst one of all the carriers is just plain stupid.

Upvote 0

And the vast majority of those complaints disappear if you clear cache from recovery, or do a factory data reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones