1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG G3 - volume button not working - need to change the safe mode access

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hagiska, Sep 3, 2017.

1. hagiska

hagiska Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    Hello!
    I had my LG g3 for a year and a half now, worked pretty good until now.
    Lately, I've encountered a problem, both my power button and my vol down button don't work properly.
    When I turn on the screen, the power button works, but when I try to turn off it doesn't.
    Vol down button also doesn't work when the phone is on.
    I solved it by adding an app that turns of the screen and I can live without the vol down button, the real problem is when I reboot the phone (or power on after it been turned off), it always turns on safe mode, which I can't get out off. I left my phone off for a couple of days and then it turned on fine, but after a few hours the buttons stopped working again and the safe mode problem returned.
    I sent it to a lab and they said they fixed it but the problem is back again.

So, 2 questions:
    1. Because the power on button do work when the screen is off, I think maybe it is now a hardware problem but maybe a software? or a combination? someone solved it before without replacing parts?

2. Is there a way to disable the save mode option? or just replace the vol down button with the vol up button for this matter? just to make sure that when I reboot my phone I don't get stuck on safe mode.. Preferably with out rooting my phone.

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. hagiska

hagiska Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2017
    No one?
    Even a way just to disable the vol_down key will be amazing, the screen keeps getting on on random times and go straight to the camera...

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.