1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G3 waterproof?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Texas501, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Texas501

Texas501 Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

You're welcome to try it out, but I think I'll keep my G3 out of the water.

EDIT: And 4 days is nowhere near long enough for a follow up test. My wife dropped her HTC One in the toilet and the phone worked for a month or so and then died. I'd like to see a 90 day follow up.

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

Since unlike the Samsung Galaxy S5, there is no IP67 rating, i avoid moisture. including pockets full of sweat in summer--which killed or at least made my Note 3 act all 'funny'.

even if it had an IP67 rating i wouldn't suddenly go swimming with it. i just don't trust that kind of thing. I wouldn't even trust it in a Lifeproof case.

I had also dealt with my Galaxy S3 acting 'funny' after a friend's pet deer i visited it thought it was a tasty little treat and gnawed and sucked on it, and eventually the AMOLED died completely a week or so later, although the phone kept working. i never had a device outright burn out and completely go dead, but i have had them act very unstable, launch apps by themselves, dial contacts at random, or having LCD issues.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews