1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G4 and Miracast. Can't connect thru Sony Blu-ray. H E L P !!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Viet_Vet, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Viet_Vet

Viet_Vet Lurker

Soooooo, here is my issue:

I have a Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray player (2015 Model). I live in the boondocks, with no cable or DSL for internet. Basically, my phone is my internet. I have been using a Droid Ultra for months to perform screen mirroring so that I can watch my phone apps (Crackle, Hulu, etc) on my big screen.

A week ago, I upgraded my cell phone from the Droid Ultra to a new LG G4. Since upgrading, I have not been able to use miracast. I turn on the "Screen mirroring" on my Blu-ray player, then go to my phone and turn on miracast. G4 searches and finds the Blu-ray, I tap on it to start, and it shows on both the phone and the Blu-ray that it is connecting. After about 30 seconds or so of watching the "connecting" dialogue, I get a message on the TV screen stating "Communications with Wi-Fi compatible device was disconnected". It won't connect at all, meaning the connection is never established, so it is not connecting and the dropping the connection. I never see the phone screen on my TV.

I have reset the Blu-ray player to factory defaults, and still cannot connect. I installed the software update to the blu-ray and tried again.... no luck. I even took the phone back to Verizon and got another new G4 phone, thinking maybe my phone was defective.

It worked with my Motorola Droid, as well as my friends LG G3. Does anyone out there have a G4 phone and a BDP-S5200 blu-ray that work with Miracast?

I'd really need this to work so I can watch my shows. Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ivanv

ivanv Newbie

Just tried with my G4 (H815) with 6.0 (V20a-EUR-XX) and I can confirm the same behaviour when I try to mirror screen on a miracast device: Sony BDV-N5200W. Finds the device, tries to connect and after 10-20 seconds it fails with "Communications with Wi-Fi compatible device was disconnected".

So, it is something with the miracast implementation on G4. Too bad...

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews