• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G4 -Dual SIM (H818N) First Impression

Yes! I finally get my LG G4

19970711403_2b963bc94f_h_d.jpg

20565368946_5785ca3d31_h_d.jpg

My first impression on LG G4
- Simply Elegance.
- Solid build even though not uni body.
- The IPS Quantum screen is simply outstanding! Wow!
- Camera focusing is extreme fast which S6 Edge is no way to fight with.
- Smooth performance in overall, no complain.

What I dislike and shall be improve
- The LG stock keyboard is the worst keyboard I ever use! It is not really smooth and the swipe recognition is simply unusable! I already switch to Google keyboard as using LG keyboard probably will shorten my life! :p
- Camera is not as wide as S6 Edge camera.

Is LG G4 Dual SIM H818N Hong Kong edition both SIM support LTE? I can assure YES it is support as long as you upgrade to latest 10C firmware.

20565266526_ed09b38754_c_d.jpg

20403500798_d17c2aac68_c_d.jpg

Last edited:
My impression after a day usage of LG G4
20437296628_6193ee8a43_c_d.jpg
20437540950_e836a4d608_c_d.jpg
  • Design is simply Elegance! Simplicity front without single button at front and side with something special material choose on back. I really love it! I feel this is the nicest design phone I ever own, somehow nicer than both side curve S6 Edge. LG G4 is simply art.
  • The Quantum IPS display is just stunning! The best LCD I ever seen, constant color reproduction without single unbalanced display issue, the display gamut seems even wider than S6 Edge AMOLED as I found all my previous wallpaper just display even better here with less banding issue. I somehow prefer this display than S6 Edge. It is vibrant but not over saturate, better gamut, pure white, deep black and sharper.
  • Today I just know how well is LG optimise the hardware, G4 spec confirm no way near the spec as S6 Edge but LG manage to make the phone smooth all the time, I can assure tell you they is no recent apps reload and 100% no launcher reload, all this thanks to LG well memory management. S6 Edge wise is fast but the bad memory management which affect the recent apps can't keep and from time to time reload the launcher already let down the whole experience.
  • LG G4 camera is as stunning as S6 Edge camera, I give both equally great on camera. The best you can find so far in market now, but against G4 earn some bonus point here where the implementation of shutter speed and RAW format control make the manual mode even pro and let you get unbelievable output where S6 Edge not possible in it own stock camera.
  • LG Optimus UX 4.0 UI might not as clean as latest Samsung Touchwiz but it somehow look far nicer and more material look. Also thanks to LG with some smaller details customisation which really impress me, for example the navigation bar customisation, the ability to hide navigation bar in apps & the ability to change home screen icon. Beside this the much following stock material lollipop design of notification panel is real welcome here. I somehow really dislike Samsung spoilt the notification panel look on S6 Edge. Overall UI performance is real smooth all time. The only let down part is the online themes no way match to Samsung themes and not even can compare with what MIUI have in Mi phone. LG needs to provide more variety choice of themes than all nearly is cartoonist and ladies style.
  • Battery performance I can't really tell yet, as just a day usage. But so far I find it good.
  • Sound quality is good on loud speaker, off course it can't match whatever give by HTC M8 or Nexus 6 which is dual speaker stereo mode but in mono setup is consider good quality already. The bundle earphone is well done earphone where hard to get nowadays in bundle. Off course it still can't fight with award winning Mi earphone which is by far the most value outstanding earphone you can get now.
  • The only complain I want to said on LG G4 is stock keyboard, it is not smooth and the worst swipe recognition I ever use. Sorry to said the stock keyboard is unusable to me. LG really need to put much effort on this part. Lucky thanks got Google Android keyboard which by far second best keyboard to me. I somehow miss Samsung keyboard now which is the best I ever use.
Did I regret replace my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to LG G4? The answer is 100% no regret at all! LG phone will be my future high recommendation and consideration mobile phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones