1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G4 Just killed itself. Plugged in and no charging screen or light

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jimmy Luong, May 20, 2020.

1. Jimmy Luong

Jimmy Luong Lurker

I put my phone down on the table and left. I came back and pressed the power button and it did nothing. I thought that was weird and held the power button and it didn’t turn back on. I then plugged in the device and still nothing happened. No charging LED or charge screen or anything. It is just black. I took the battery out and held the button for 30 seconds and put it back and plugged it in and nothing. I got out my USB volt meter and noticed that it is drawing power from the charger but the screen isn’t lighting up and the charge LED isn’t lighting up for whatever reason. I put in another battery I had laying around and nothing changed. Is this phone just dead or is there still hope in recovering it. I have no idea why it killed itself for no reason. Any ideas to try that can fix this?

Lisa nolan likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, the G4 is 5 years old. Could be something is kaput that needs repair or replacement?

MrJavi likes this.
  4. Jimmy Luong

Jimmy Luong Lurker

MrJavi likes this.
  5. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

When you said you used a volt meter did you check the batterys? If they shows the correct charge then the issue is with the phone itself.
    :(

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews