1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G5 Not Receiving Texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CirrusTook, Jun 22, 2017.

1. CirrusTook

CirrusTook Lurker

I think this started a few weeks ago. My LG G5, which I just got in January to replace my G3, is having trouble receiving texts. I first noticed it when I hadn't received anything from my boyfriend for part of the evening and most of the morning, restarted the phone, and there were 6 texts from him, some of them in response to something I had sent so my texts to him were coming through just fine.

For a couple weeks I would periodically restart if I hadn't received anything for awhile, it would work for a bit, then need to be restarted again.

Last Wednesday, I did a master reset, hoping that would solve the problem. It did for about a week, but this morning the phone seems to be acting up again. I sent a test text to myself that didn't go through until I'd reset the phone.

Any other troubleshooting ideas I can try before taking it to the T-Mobile store?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Are you using the stock texting app?

You may need to tinker with the APN settings.

Another solution is to use Textra or Android Messages.

I've had T-mobile for 5 years and love the service but I seem to always have to mess with the APN settings for texting.

3. CirrusTook

CirrusTook Lurker

I am using the stock texting app.

I reset to the default APN settings, thank you. Hopefully this works, if not I'll check out other texting apps or tinker with the settings more.

Yes I have been very happy with T-Mobile. I've had them for about 7 years and haven't ever had any major issues.

tube517 likes this.

LG G5 Forum

The LG G5 release date was April 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2016
Release Date
Reviews