• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G5 Notifications

Shaun6756

Lurker
Apr 10, 2016
I just got the LG G5 this weekend. I am already having issues getting email notification coming thru to the phone. The emails are getting there but no notifications. Also, the LED Notification doesnt work and neither does the individually set contact ringtone.

Any one else having issues?

Hello there!
Welcome to AF:)
Are you using the Gmail app for your email, and I'm sure you've double checked that the notifications are turned on and set from within the app?

LED notification...is the option turned on?

Also, is your "do not disturb" option set to "off"?

Is "Sound Profile" turned "on"?

Is the "volume" option set to your desired level?

Individual set ringtone...to set that, make sure that the "ringtone ID" is set to "off"--- then you can set individual ringtones from within the contacts app.

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to cover any bases here;)

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
LED Notification is on
do not distub is off
sound profile on sound
volume high
i am using the email app that came with the phone.
ringtone ID set to off

All right cool, thanks!
Does the speaker work at all? I mean, what about incoming phone calls or music?

And about the LED notification light, does it work when plugged in and charging?
And in menu/settings/accesssiblity/hearing---check the settings there...be sure LED is ON and "Turn off all sounds" is OFF.

I ask both of those questions to rule out a defective speaker or light.

What about in the menu/settings/sound and notification/apps.....are all your desired apps given permission to do as you desire namely, not "blocked" ?

Upvote 0
ok, you said you use the email app that came on the device. From what I remember you had a choice of a few when setting up. I am going on the assumption you use Gmail?
If so, some notifications do not make a sound based upon your Gmail inbox setup.
For example, I do not get audible alerts if an email appears in my "Social" inbox, but when I get an email in my "Priority" inbox, I do get an audible alert.

As far as the contact ringtones, toggle the "ringtone ID" ON then OFF again. With that option set to ON, you cannot set individual ringtones. I know you said it was OFF currently, but just toggle it ON, then OFF.

Upvote 0
Yes I have tried all that. I actually have three email addresses and the issues is with all three. I placed my old phone a LG G2 close to the LG G5 and my LG G2 was getting all notifications but not the G5. May have to call LG

Yeah, sorry I'm all out of ideas short of a factory reset.
Do let me/us know what you find out, so that your thread here can help others that find themselves in the same boat ;)

Upvote 0
How would I keep all my information before a factory reset?
Well, with your emails, you'd have to sign back in and set those up again.
Gmail, if synced, will auto save your contacts and apps, but not the settings on the apps.

Photos, music etc can be saved to the computer, then copied back later to the device.

Texts will be gone unless saved via an app that can upload them to the cloud.

Depending on how much info you need to save, there is an app called Helium that can help with that.

What other information do you need to save?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones