1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G6 issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by countrylifehound, Jun 13, 2017.

1. countrylifehound

Anyone else having problems with phone overheating, or feeling really hot. Sluggish performance, freezing, crashing, talk to text not working. Problems of images not loading on sites, irratic behaviour, screen glitching and other glitches. A bunch of poor performance issues and useability, and basic function problems. After updates seems to cause more issues. It doesnt perform like it did  when I got it new less than three weeks ago,
    it has been downhill since...LG G6 Ice Platinum Edition T-Mobile

#1 countrylifehound, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I've not seen any of that. In fact, this has been one of the coolest running phones I've ever had. Even when I'm using GPS navigation and streaming SiriusXM radio and I have the phone mounted to my wife's windshield on a hot day, it still doesn't get as warm as any of my previous phones.

Either you have a process that is stuck permanently on (which could be fixed with a factory reset) or you got a bum phone. Try the reset, but if that doesn't fix it, you should replace it under warranty.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  3. countrylifehound

Don't get me wrong the phone is hands down one of the best I have owned whats funny about it is it cools down when I put it on the charger the first thing I noticed about a week ago was a hotspot or spot in screen where it looks like a burnout you wouldn't notice it if you didn't know exactly where it was and coloring is just right on screen to catch it almost how a flat screen would do if you left the same image on screen for long time and how it would have that burnt image in it after being turned off for while and when you turned it back on would still have the same image bleeding thru in the back ground when I first got it i was blown away by phone and still am also for it being probably the first lg ive ever owned never really strayed away from samsung but the s8 in my opinion isn't even in the same league as the G6 but I'm definitely taking it back in regards of replacing it and it being only three weeks old and $$$ spent on the phone they should replace it with a smile on there face the phone didnt get touched almost the first week of having it in fear of something happening to it seeing how previous phone that this replaced had root custom Rom cm 12.1 and all bloatware gone maybe 8 applications in all after all said and done and it was a generic galaxy avant still in use as of now im thinking replacement is hands down the best option for the $$$ spent shouldn't be having any problems at all to be honest I'm thinking most likely hardware issue\fault meanwhile patiently waiting for root and recovery and unleashing and getting a true fill for its full potential and capabilities. And voiding warranty of course lol.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

No need to /root. Just get a case.

Restarting every now and then never hurt either. Clears up a lot of issues on any Android device.

lunatic59 likes this.
  5. countrylifehound

I do that every other day or so and completely agree doesn't the phone have basic root permissions already ? And I wasn't leaving store when purchased the phone without a case it has the otter box on it only time case comes off is when at home and im not moving around

6. Arqum Younus

Arqum Younus Newbie

There might be some apps that is taking most of your processing power. Also restarting your phone once a week can help your phone a lot. Make sure apps that you don`t even use should not consume your processing power or ram.

7. countrylifehound

Wouldnt the smart cleaning application that came on the phone that supposedly does house keeping for you so to speak  has the optimize phone button you press don't know if that's a service provider deal or not all carriers have the same features wouldn't that do same objective or no

8. lunatic59

Ugh. Don't get me started. (too late ;) )

In my opinion, the phone optimizers, cache cleaners, task managers and all those "utilities" are worthless placebos given to end users to keep them busy and make them feel like they are doing something.

If I built a machine that ran on its own and performed self maintenance without any user intervention, and then I took 10 people and put them in a room with a big red button that only rang a buzzer on the machine, and told them that they MUST push that button every 15 minutes to keep the machine running. 9 out of 10 would push the button without question and believe they are keeping the machine running ... AND if they stopped the machine would too. The 10th guy might question exactly what the button does, but he'd still push it anyway.

Android continues to improve in terms of memory and process management and yet users still are convinced that these things are necessary. I would love to be able to blow the thing away and just let the OS work the way it's supposed to, but apparently if you don't have one on the phone these days, end users think the manufacturer is being lazy. It doesn't help that in-store reps often promote these as features and insist that this is why newer phones run better.

It's a big steaming pile of doo-doo.

If you want to read an epic discussion on the subject, I'd suggest this thread. https://androidforums.com/threads/p...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

9. lofkin

lofkin Lurker

Are you using a different launcher

10. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

I immediately installed Nova Launcher Prime. Is it the best launcher? I can't say, haven't used them all, but it is dead simple to customize and I love that!

As far as operating issues go i haven't had a problem yet. Damn good phone the LG G6.

11. lunatic59

For several years, I was exclusively using Apex Pro (paid version) but with Nougat, they were sluggish to adapt some of my favorite eye candy so I switched to Nova Prime. (Not the Guardians of the Galaxy character ;) ) which does the same things as Apex, just in a different manner. Apex has since brought their product up to Android 7.x compatibility so I am switching back. Mostly because I am more familiar with it.

IMO either is an exponentially better user experience than the stock LG (or Samsung, HTC, etc) launchers.

12. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Anybody having any lag issues? By that i mean seeing the whirly .gif instead of your app just loading. I haven't but that might be an issue for users with hundreds of apps. I've only got about 60 now so i can't tell.

13. lunatic59

I've got ~160 apps installed (so far) and not seen any lag to speak of. Anything that has been sluggish is always been a data issue (poor signal or in that twilight zone of data when you're WiFi and LTE signals are fighting for control.)

14. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

LG G6 Forum

The LG G6 release date was March 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

March 2017
Release Date
Reviews