1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LG G6 Wi-Fi shuts off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reborns14, Jan 28, 2019.

1. reborns14

reborns14 Newbie

this just started happening. i noticed my wi-fi was turned off so i turned it on and it turns right back off. wth!

anyone have this issue or know how to resolve it?

i tried a soft reset and that did nothing. i tried resetting the network connections and that was a fail too.

LG support said to do a hard reset but i gotta back up all my stuff first so i can't do that right now.

hope someone has a fix for this. thanks in advance.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Reboot your router

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  3. reborns14

reborns14 Newbie

no no, this is not a router issue. it's a phone issue. it won't even let me turn ON wifi on the phone. i cannot select a network or anything, as soon as i hit wifi on, it turns itself off instantly. as if i swiped it back to off.

4. reborns14

reborns14 Newbie

did a hard reset, same thing. now im kinda bricked. can't install anything with my poor cell service. can't update my software. was forced to upgrade early through my carrier. they're going to deliver my new phone tomorrow. what a waste. was a solid phone until now.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like the WiFi has failed, repair or replacement required.

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Did you try rebooting your router @reborns14?

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Other than some weird power setting that turns off WiFi below a certain power level (which isn't an LG thing) I can think of two reasons. As Mike stated, your hardware has failed, or the radio drivers are corrupt. You could try reflashing the stock firmware. If that doesn't help, then ... :(

8. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Does flashing you firmware fix your corrupted radio drivers?

I just turned off and turned on my router and fixed a problem like that @reborns14.

Can't hurt, might help.

9. salgomez7

salgomez7 Lurker

most likely a hardware problem had the same issue with the LG v20

LG G6 Forum

The LG G6 release date was March 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

March 2017
Release Date
Reviews