• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG GPAD 8.3 GPE Lollipop and SD Card

BobANY

Lurker
Dec 28, 2014
New to Android - So wanted to ask the Experts.
Just picked up a LP GPAD 8.3 GPE with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) non rooted. Added a Samsung EVO pro 64 gig Micro SD card and it sees it just fine. I see the card on storage with around 60 Gig available. I didn't see any options to set SD card as default for anything including photos/videos/apps. Based on some research, I downloaded ES Filer Explorer. I see the internal storage listed under SD as 0 and the external under sdcard1.
I see most of the data on SD 0, on sdcard1 - Android created a folder called Android with a gear on folder and below that a data folder. Exploring the data folder does shows some app data from what I installed. However, I can't see how to set apps to use the sdcard1 for anything. All of the Apps I installed are being installed to the internal storage. I also tried to create a folder on the sdcard1 using ES Filer Explorer and states operation failed. Tried to unmount and remount and formatted card (only see minimal app data but there appears to be some).

Any feedback as how to use the external storage for apps/ETC. would be appreciated.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones