1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LG GT540 repeated message: "com.android.phone + others stopped working unexpectedly - Force Close"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevin95, Feb 24, 2011.

1. kevin95

kevin95 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Canada
    Okay, I'm new to the forum and I signed up to get help with my phone because... well, right now I can't do anything except sliding the lock thing and seeing the same error messages popping up and telling me to force close. This is how the problem started. I wanted a black notification bar so I went on this website Black Notification Bar | MetaMorph | - Page 3 . And without reading any of the instructions, I downloaded it, extracted it with the "Metamorph" app for rooted users on my phone, then I installed the bar and it rebooted. Then the notification bar disappeared and when I unlocked my phone with my pattern lock code a bunch of ".... has stopped unexpectedly" messages appeared. (Just the messages. I can't see my home or anything. Just the messages and a black screen). I tried hard resetting it but, still no luck. Now I'm wondering if there's any other methods I can try without using the phone (since it can't do anything at the moment) or without using the computer since I can't mount. Maybe I can do something on the SD card? Someone please help me! And I'm new to android so please briefly explain everything. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Hope someone can come up with a solution.

P.S: Is there any way to uninstall the Metamoprh theme without using the phone or mounting to the computer? and is there a way to reset everything back to the way it was when I bought it? (w/o using the phone or mounting)

@YouTu_01 My phone was already rooted. But I don't know if it still is after I hard resetted it. And is there a way to reset EVERYTHING from your phone back to the way it was after you buy it using an SD card or hooking up the phone to the computer WITHOUT MOUNTING?

Advertisement

2. YouTu_01

YouTu_01 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Trying to help people with tech Stuff
    Mexico
    That's why there are INSTRUCTIONS and as you mentioned the app is for ROOTED users, try rooting your phone first!, and then FOLLOW w/e instructions they say.

3. kevin95

None

Feb 24, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Canada
    I don't have any instructions and like I said, I can't access my phone because of the stupid error messages popping up every second. And I think my phone is still rooted (not sure since I hard-resetted). Don't know if that will help with anything.

4. kevin95

None

Feb 24, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Canada
    Never mind!! I fixed my phone by using the KDZ Software update and using EMERGENCY as PhoneMode and using 3GQCT as Type. Not sure what happened but I managed to fix my phone using that method. If anyone else has the same problem with their phone you can contact me and I can probably help with this.

5. simon194

simon194 Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    If you look at the link that was posted, it was for the CliqXts not GT540 which will explain why it caused the problem to start with.